Security settings for CRM Integration with SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully integrated CRM 2015 and SharePoint 2013, both on-premise. I can see the SharePoint iframe on my CRM.

Next, is to set up the security. Only users with access to CRM record can access the respective SharePoint folders.

After I set up the security in SharePoint, i.e, by only giving permission to the specific folder and not the root site's Visitors group, the iframe on CRM side displays an error. It seems that the iframe is trying to access the root URL first, to which the users don't have access, hence the error.

Am I missing something or is it not possible? Little explanation is given on MSDN about the security settings.

Another question, is there any plan for Microsoft to support server based integration for on-premise version?

Sunday, March 1, 2015 7:24 AM

All replies

• crm does not give the rights through to sharepoint. u have the option to open sharepoint external with list component where you must take away the sharepoint rights and for us never a usefull option. We created custom application internal and did not published sharepoint, we programmed so that documents are visible in iframe via a IIS website and looks to the logged-in user´s and only the documents are visible which belongs to his security role. its a lot of work but we found that it is also faster then the list component.

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Monday, March 2, 2015 9:54 AM