none
The 'Submit' button didn't do anything for me in Firefox 10 ESR RRS feed

• Question

• I'm tried to reply this afternoon to a thread I started. It's here:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssdk/thread/50561893-4670-4c32-bb0c-6dd06e8aa74d/

I clicked on my post and then clicked reply. I typed my reply and clicked submit but nothing happened. I'm using Firefox 10 ESR. I opened Firefox with a new blank profile and no add-ons but again nothing happened.

I tried in Chrome 21 and I was able to reply. I had started the thread from Firefox 10 ESR so maybe this is a reply only issue in Firefox.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Still an issue?

Try deleting your browser history. It sounds like you can still use Chrome, and you could also probably use IE.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 11:27 PM
    Owner
  • test from firefox 17.0a2 (2012-10-02)
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:08 AM
  • Yeah it's still an issue in Firefox 10 ESR but I just tried a Firefox nightly (see my test post) and that seems to be ok. Firefox 10 ESR is in use by some businesses and is actively supported by Mozilla. Could you please investigate why I can't reply using that browser? I tried using a new browser profile (no cookies, history, etc) but it made no difference. Thanks

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:11 AM
  • So is Firefox 10 ESR version 10? Is there a reason not to upgrade to version 16?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:39 PM
    Owner
  • Yeah it's version 10. It's the corporate version. Firefox is changing releases so often that they offer an extended release version which is easier to support.
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:10 AM
  • Yeah it's version 10. It's the corporate version. Firefox is changing releases so often that they offer an extended release version which is easier to support.

I am able to see your replies on 25th Sep 2012 and 30th Sep 2012. So i might assume that the issue is fixed.

Please let me know if this helps. Hopefully i have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Monday, October 22, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Hello Hasham, No the bug is still present. I am making replies to this thread and other threads using Google Chrome.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:03 PM
  • Same problem. When I click the submit button it grays out, but the item is not posted. I then have to copy my reply text, click the title of the post to open it in its own browser and then paste and submit. This happens in IE 9 and FF 14.  This happens 80-90% of the time.

Mike Smith TechTrainingNotes.blogspot.com my SP customization book

Monday, October 29, 2012 4:27 PM
  • I get this problem (using Chrome) any time I try to reply to a thread if I'm in a "forum" view.  If I'm in "My Threads", "My Forum Threads", or a forum's view, and using the inline open, then reply, this is the behavior I get (consistently).

If I, however, actually open up a specific question (so I'm only viewing a single thread), I can reply and submit 100% of the time.

This seemed to happen about 1 week ago, and has been consistently happening since.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:10 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by popchoc Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:28 PM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:31 PM
  • UPDATE: I submitted this as a bug request.

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:30 AM
    Owner
  • This

is

what

I

got when replying to Mike with IE9 that Reed's reply was splitted into 2 parts with his Avatar, Title and content, also cover my words at the beginning. and you can see that I'm unable to use the command bar to insert Pic or HTML block: <Now I'm posting this with Chrome>

Pan Zhang Customer Support EPX Service Engineering Support Team

• Edited by Pan Zhang Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:40 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:14 AM
  • UPDATE: Forum engineering team is aware of such issues and already tracking it.
    Thanks.

Pan Zhang Customer Support Visual Studio Cloud Service team

Friday, November 16, 2012 8:33 AM
  • Update: We just upgraded to Firefox 17 ESR and the submit button works.
    • Edited by popchoc Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:16 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:15 PM