none
Reply with Quote in Preview threads has been coming up in Plain text (or HTML source)

Answers

• I'm sorry. I don't understand this one.

There were two issues.  First, the one I was starting the thread for was that I was not getting an Edit toolbar.  Noel Carboni recognized correctly that this meant the frame we were seeing was the same as the one that we get when we click the HTML button, so another workaround would be to start typing (or pasting) raw HTML.  I just realized we could use a Reply button somewhere else, compose a reply to the thread we have an abnormal Edit frame for, go into the surrogate's HTML frame, capture that, and then Submit the "cooked" HTML.   <eg>

The second issue occurred when I tried to use the Ask a Question UI and had to find a forum but was unable to see which ones were being suggested.  I seldom use that UI but as I mentioned I do not use Zoom 100% in case that could account for my symptom.

I haven't noticed either symptom since.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, May 3, 2014 4:47 AM
  • The second issue occurred when I tried to use the Ask a Question UI and had to find a forum but was unable to see which ones were being suggested.

I think I understand that symptom better now and have a workaround.  When you know what forum you want to post to, open up only that forum.  E.g. use the rail to help with that.  When I did that today to repeat some feedback I made in a survey, there was no question about which forum it would be going to, hence no prompt which might have been obscured for an unknown reason.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 8, 2014 6:43 AM

All replies

• Rob I just tried a couple in TechNet sandbox and seemed to work normally for me but I did not zoom in/out.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:30 AM
  • Moved by                             Mike Kinsman<abbr class="affil">Microsoft contingent staff</abbr>                         Tuesday, April 01, 2014 9:24 PM                             forums issue I think

I thought that is where it was going.  However, I was only able to use the No CSS view to try to specify that.  Perhaps that's not working?  So where did it end up?  <eg>

BTW Dave, thanks for testing this.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:28 PM
  • I'm sorry. I don't understand this one. So in your forum view (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug), you are zoomed out, and then you can't click the buttons?

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, May 3, 2014 12:58 AM
    Owner
  • I'm sorry. I don't understand this one.

There were two issues.  First, the one I was starting the thread for was that I was not getting an Edit toolbar.  Noel Carboni recognized correctly that this meant the frame we were seeing was the same as the one that we get when we click the HTML button, so another workaround would be to start typing (or pasting) raw HTML.  I just realized we could use a Reply button somewhere else, compose a reply to the thread we have an abnormal Edit frame for, go into the surrogate's HTML frame, capture that, and then Submit the "cooked" HTML.   <eg>

The second issue occurred when I tried to use the Ask a Question UI and had to find a forum but was unable to see which ones were being suggested.  I seldom use that UI but as I mentioned I do not use Zoom 100% in case that could account for my symptom.

I haven't noticed either symptom since.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, May 3, 2014 4:47 AM
  • The second issue occurred when I tried to use the Ask a Question UI and had to find a forum but was unable to see which ones were being suggested.

I think I understand that symptom better now and have a workaround.  When you know what forum you want to post to, open up only that forum.  E.g. use the rail to help with that.  When I did that today to repeat some feedback I made in a survey, there was no question about which forum it would be going to, hence no prompt which might have been obscured for an unknown reason.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 8, 2014 6:43 AM