backup other files, like .acd or other extensions. RRS feed

• Question

• SO i just got back into the beta because i was reading about how the backfeature now could have a workaround for internal hard drives. Great. Now i need to back up my Acid project folder (all .acd and /acd.bak files) but OneCare seems to be gimped. Can't find a custom file type option. Is the program gimped, or am i missing something? this seems like a very fundamental feature (And the fact that you have to have a work around for an internal drive seems rediculous). Anyone have a "hack" to add custom file types? thanks a lot. hoping i dont have to uninstall for something that has better features. otherwise good product. I like how self suficient it is.
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:36 PM

Answers

• No hack for custom file types exists. Select the file type Other and see if your files are included. If the project folder lives in the \Program Files branch, it won't be backed up.

If the files are not included in the backup list, please post the file extensions here for review by the Backup team.

-steve

p.s. It isn't a beta, 2.0 was released in November.

p.p.s. The reason for an internal drive workaround is because OneCare isn't designed to use an internal drive as a destination due to it being less "safe" for the typical user.

Friday, February 15, 2008 3:22 AM