WHS ROCKS!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I had a feeling the external 750G drive was acting up.  It seemed a bit warm and about two weeks ago it developed an easily fixed error.  So, I added another 1T internal drive... just in case :)  Yesterday woke up to a red WHS icon, and found the drive had failed.  Unplugged it for a bit, let it cool down, and then let WHS fix it, which it did.  Took the drive out of the pool, and life is good again :)  I only lost backups off one computer, and that did not cause any issues.
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 2:25 PM

All replies

• Being that this is a support forum, it is rare to see this kind of post that just states how good WHS really is.

I've had my share of problems and criticisms concerning WHS, but those don't overshadow its positive aspects. When it works (which is 99% of the time), it silently sits there and does it job. I don't have to spend a lot of time babysitting it, which I appreciate a great deal. I have spoken well of WHS to any friend who is looking for a NAS or a good backup solution.

Another great part of WHS is the support community. In particular, Ken, Olaf and kariya21 have been so amazing with the help they provide. I don't think they are thanked enough for devoting so much of their time and expertise with the rest of us.
    • Edited by Will Diaz Saturday, August 1, 2009 5:17 PM corrected misspelling
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 5:16 PM