Accounts and Contracts RRS feed

• Question

• The address data that we save in the CRM is typically at the Contact level. When providing a Warranty or selling a Service Contract it also is typically delivered at the address of the Contact. Is there a way to use the Contact address rather than using the Addresses at the Account level? Typically we may have 10+ contacts who have purchased equipment and receive warranty coverage or purchase service contracts. I would like to be able to select the Contact (user) location for the billing and service delivery address.

Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,
       I hope I understood your question right but the answer is Yes.

>>I would like to be able to select the Contact (user) location for the billing and service delivery address.
    In MS CRM the customer can be a contact or an account. and the bill to address on the "Contract" can be the address of the contact or the account.

When you click on the customer lookup on top of the form you can select "accounts" or "contacts". when you select a contact you can then set the address of the contact.

Hassan.

Technical Consultant | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:04 PM
  • Hi,

In order to show the contact/account addresses in Contract's Address/Bill to Address, there is a need to to create "More Address" in Contact/Account in stead of keying in at normal address line in the Forms.

Cheers!
    • Proposed as answer by Ye Wint Friday, May 8, 2009 3:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:49 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,
       I hope I understood your question right but the answer is Yes.

>>I would like to be able to select the Contact (user) location for the billing and service delivery address.
    In MS CRM the customer can be a contact or an account. and the bill to address on the "Contract" can be the address of the contact or the account.

When you click on the customer lookup on top of the form you can select "accounts" or "contacts". when you select a contact you can then set the address of the contact.

Hassan.

Technical Consultant | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:04 PM
  • Thanks, that helps alot. I appreciate you taking the time to provide the info.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 1:37 PM
  • Hassan,

Sorry, I spoke too soon. I also would like to be able to pull up the Contact Address as the Address for the Contract. The Address field looks to the Account details? Thanks.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:02 PM
  • Hi,

You will need to select "Bill to Customer" as Contact in order to get Bill to Address as Contact Address.

Cheers!
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:36 PM
  • Yes. If you select a contact as the customer then you will be able to pick the address of the contact.

H.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:50 PM
  • Thanks for the help, and I feel that I am getting closer, but after I select the Contact name in either/both the header and the Bill To, the address in the Contact doesn't show in the Address select box (Look up Records = empty). I have selected Bill To as Address Type in the Contact.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:56 PM
  • Hi,

Please make your selected contact have addresses (i.e "More Addresses" at Contact's left navigation links)

Cheers!
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:22 PM
  • They have addresses on the Address section on the General Contact screen. They do not have 'More Addresses'. Shouldn't the primary address be available for selection? Thanks again.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

In order to show the contact/account addresses in Contract's Address/Bill to Address, there is a need to to create "More Address" in Contact/Account in stead of keying in at normal address line in the Forms.

Cheers!
    • Proposed as answer by Ye Wint Friday, May 8, 2009 3:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:49 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:32 PM
  • Thanks. I believe you, it just doesn't make any sense to me. Thanks for the assistance.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:39 PM
  • You're welcome! :)
    Cheers!
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:42 PM