RC1 "Initialize UI" Error RRS feed

• Question

• RCI consistently returns "unable to initialize UI' error. I had no problem with the previous version. I have re-downloaded, performed CRC check, and burned using both Imageburn and Nero at slowest speed with verify enabled.

This is a "Release Candidate" of a "Home" application. It is a bit late in the game to experience these results.

What do I look for or attempt now?

GW
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:49 AM

Answers

• Discovered a loose RAM stick leaving only 256K in the system. When everything was tightened up RC1 installed without a hitch. Just goes to show that because everything was right yesterday - it might not be today.
    Might even score a backup - now at 56% - never got past 35% with previous version.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 9:29 PM

All replies

• I had the same error last night. After clicking OK, the system rebooted.

At the time it happened, I had my monitor switched over to another input. I switched back to the RC and saw the message. During another attempt, I left the monitor on the RC install, and did not receive that message. However, I did reboot during the Information Collection stage, without error message.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:24 PM
  • Discovered a loose RAM stick leaving only 256K in the system. When everything was tightened up RC1 installed without a hitch. Just goes to show that because everything was right yesterday - it might not be today.
    Might even score a backup - now at 56% - never got past 35% with previous version.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 9:29 PM