none
How do we know that our application are now Windows 10 Certified?

Question

• Hi

How can i know my application are now  Windows 10 certified,I did following things to get windows 10 certification

1. I have to install and run the Windows App Certification Kit (included in the Windows SDK).

2.Run the below bat file in cmd prompt.("C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\10\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" test - apptype desktop -setuppath "C:\Project\Releases\ProjectName.msi"  -waittimeout 900 -appusage permachine - reportoutputpath"C:\Project\Windows10Certification\Reports\Widows10CerRpt1_Install.xml")

3.Finally I got Xml document in  path("C:\Project\Windows10Certification\Reports\Widows10CerRpt1_Install.xml").

4.In the document result has been like (Passed with warning)

It's enough to get Windows 10 certification?

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello SarwanChottu,

Sounds like your issue is not related to our forum topic "writing Universal Windows apps". It is about certificate your msi file? Maybe related to this article https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/jj134964.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 but I'm not so sure. I will help you move your case to "Where is the forum for" so that we may get some direction about where we can post this kind of cases.

Best regards,

Barry 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:16 AM
  • Might try them over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowscompatibility&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 11:27 AM