Installing data migraton tool in crm 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, i'm trying to install the data migration tool in crm 4.0 but when i get to the intranet address step, i'm putting it, it gives me an error that the server migth be down. what should i put in it? and what should i put in Internet web address?
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Dear,

it will only install on the server. plz check readme with that installation file.

Best Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:57 AM
  • Here's my exact error message :"The configuration wizard cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down"

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:18 AM
  • I'm still not able to install the data migration tool because of this error. Any idea what could this be? I'm putting the right crm server address.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:23 AM
  • You must install the migration tool on the SQL server. It will not work on anything other than the SQL server.

Friday, March 14, 2008 1:57 PM
  • You can read at the MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installing Guide that the DMM "can only be run by a user with the System Administrator security role.". They are referring to the MS CRM security role!

Keeping that in mind, I finally managed to get it working on a client computer but for that I had to let the DMM's installer to also install a local instance of SQL Server Express. Everytime I tried to use a remote SQL Server 2005 instance he gave me troubles with permissions. So I decided to let him create a local database and now it's finally working. Although this is not the configuration that I desired for testing purposes it will have to do. Perhaps it will fit your needs too.

Regards,

Sergio Coelho

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:19 PM
  • I don't want to install another instance of SQL (SQL server express). So how can i solve this error?
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 12:06 PM
  • Hi,

I found the solution for my problem Smile

Here's the link: http://www.sadev.co.za/node/155

Thanks anyway for your help!!

Sabine

Friday, April 18, 2008 12:55 PM