none
windows server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• shall i can use windows server 2012 as normal windows 8 versions for games running applications and testing
    Saturday, June 8, 2013 4:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't know if I get your question right. Do you want to run games on a Windows Server like on Windows 8? Most of them will not run on a server and the purpose of a server is not to play games on it.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Marked as answer by teja babu Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:05 AM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:16 PM
    Answerer
  • use windows server 2012 as normal windows 8 versions for games running applications and testing

As a developer, I have used Windows Server on a workstation on many occasions for the purpose of developing and testing software. I can tell you that in general most applications run just fine, exactly the same as if you were running them on a Windows Client. However, I don't do any gaming on my development machines, so I can't attest as to how well you can run games.

Monday, June 10, 2013 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't know if I get your question right. Do you want to run games on a Windows Server like on Windows 8? Most of them will not run on a server and the purpose of a server is not to play games on it.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Marked as answer by teja babu Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:05 AM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:16 PM
    Answerer
  • use windows server 2012 as normal windows 8 versions for games running applications and testing

As a developer, I have used Windows Server on a workstation on many occasions for the purpose of developing and testing software. I can tell you that in general most applications run just fine, exactly the same as if you were running them on a Windows Client. However, I don't do any gaming on my development machines, so I can't attest as to how well you can run games.

Monday, June 10, 2013 5:57 AM