Defrag Problem with Tune up in Windows Onecare RRS feed

• Question

• Onecare is trying to Defrag a Backup Partition for a Compact Pesario, the D Drive partition is a FAT32 partition and Onecare will not defrag that partition, I think there should of been a way to tell onecare to skip this partition in the settings, if not this could lead to a complete Harddrive Crash, and is a very risky thing to do while running Windows XP from a NT Partition.

Thursday, October 2, 2008 5:55 AM

Answers

• I agree that having the ability to exclude a drive or drives from being defragmented would be a very good thing. However, running a defrag on a visible FAT32 volume while the OS is running on an NTFS partition carries no risk at all.

-steve

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:26 PM

All replies

• I agree that having the ability to exclude a drive or drives from being defragmented would be a very good thing. However, running a defrag on a visible FAT32 volume while the OS is running on an NTFS partition carries no risk at all.

-steve

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:26 PM
  •  

Ok, but I would still like it to be able to excluded certain drives from the defrag at least I would know for sure that there wouldn't be any problems later.
    Friday, October 3, 2008 4:11 AM