Upgrade From CRM 3 to CRM 4 Fails (with c360 tools uninstalled but without running their pre-setup tool) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My upgrade from CRM 3 to 4 just failed with the following error.

System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Entity with id 5f2e7ae7-d327-49b5-a343-61d48f1bcd28 already has the label Currency for column LocalizedName and language 1033 - update entity with id d76a3724-30bc-433e-9058-5e4785dd633f cannot have the same label

I had the c360 tools (and multicurrency) installed. As we didn't want them anymore I had removed the links in CRm and uninstalled the CRM 360 from the Add Remove Programs.

Of course stupidely enough I thought this was enough and didn't remove the c360 entities from CRM nor thought there would be a special tool "PRE CRM 4  SETUP" they have created to clean their mess.

They haven't created a POST FAILURE tool !!!

Now if I try to run again the CRM 4 setup with REPAIR, the setup tells me REPAIR WAS SUCCESSFULL but of course when runing the CRM I get an error message : INVALID ARGUMENT

Can anyone help me? ( I have a backup and a copy of the Databases MSCRM and an export of all customisations

I hope I will not have to reinstall all of version 3 + C360 in order to rerun the upgrade!!!

Any help will be Hugely Welcome

Thursday, March 6, 2008 9:59 PM

Answers

• In case anyone else comes upon this thread with the same problem, here's a much simpler fix:
    We found a much easier fix for this, though it took some creative investigation. The problem is that there is a custom attribute with the label "Currency" (and the plural label "Currencies").

Leave the error message on the screen, so after fixing it you can click Retry and continue with your upgrade.

Open SQL Management Studio and navigate to the OrgName_MSCRM database and create a new query as follows:

USE OrgName_MSCRM
    UPDATE MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel
    SET Label = 'OLDCurrency'
    //set to the first GUID in the error message
    WHERE ObjectId = '5f2e7ae7-d327-49b5-a343-61d48f1bcd28'  AND Label = 'Currency'

Don't retry yet, you'll get another error for the plural label. Run a similar query as follows to change the plural label:

USE OrgName_MSCRM
    SET Label = 'OLDCurrencies'
    WHERE ObjectId = '5f2e7ae7-d327-49b5-a343-61d48f1bcd28'  AND Label = 'Currencies'

Matt Wittemann, MVP for CRM (http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com)
    Friday, August 28, 2009 4:54 PM
  • I think your best option is to restore the CRM 3.0 MSCRM and METABASE databases, and reinstall CRM 3.0, connecting to these databases. Then remove the C360 entities, and rerun the upgrade

Thursday, March 6, 2008 10:27 PM

All replies

• I think your best option is to restore the CRM 3.0 MSCRM and METABASE databases, and reinstall CRM 3.0, connecting to these databases. Then remove the C360 entities, and rerun the upgrade

Thursday, March 6, 2008 10:27 PM
  • In this case what should I do to make sure the CRM 4 is cleanly removed

- Run first the CRM 4 setup with Uninstall? will this be enough or will the system find traces of CRM 4 and refuse to upgrade?

isn't there a way to ask CRM upgrade to restart from point of failure?

Thanks

Thursday, March 6, 2008 10:33 PM
  •  

Hi,

I was wondering if you eventually resolved this issue and you resolved it?  I'm getting the same type of error, but we don't have c360 tools installed.  Thanks.

-James

Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:05 PM
  • In case anyone else comes upon this thread with the same problem, here's a much simpler fix:
    We found a much easier fix for this, though it took some creative investigation. The problem is that there is a custom attribute with the label "Currency" (and the plural label "Currencies").

Leave the error message on the screen, so after fixing it you can click Retry and continue with your upgrade.

Open SQL Management Studio and navigate to the OrgName_MSCRM database and create a new query as follows:

USE OrgName_MSCRM
    SET Label = 'OLDCurrency'
    WHERE ObjectId = '5f2e7ae7-d327-49b5-a343-61d48f1bcd28'  AND Label = 'Currency'

Don't retry yet, you'll get another error for the plural label. Run a similar query as follows to change the plural label:

USE OrgName_MSCRM
    SET Label = 'OLDCurrencies'
    WHERE ObjectId = '5f2e7ae7-d327-49b5-a343-61d48f1bcd28'  AND Label = 'Currencies'

Matt Wittemann, MVP for CRM (http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com)
    Friday, August 28, 2009 4:54 PM