Live Mesh Constantly Synching RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi I have recently installed Live Mesh and it seems to be continiously synching files up to the web, MOE seems to be running at 12% CPU pretty constantly and the disk is being accessed all the time... any suggestions?
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 8:29 AM

Answers

• If all of the files have synchronized to the Live Desktop and to any other devices in your Mesh and these files are not changing, yet you continue to see lots of activity, I'll have to defer to the Live Mesh team who may ask you to file a bug and submit your logs (you can actually do that anyway) per the instruction in the sticky at the top of the forum - 

AnnouncementHow to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, January 9, 2009 5:33 PM

All replies

• What files are included in your Mesh? If a folder containing files that are constantly accessed is in the Mesh, it will be pretty much continually uploaded to the Mesh. Some programs "touch" files all over the PC, causing them to appear to have changed, for example. This can happen to media files with some media players updating metadata.
    -steve
    Monday, January 5, 2009 7:43 PM
  • The files are mostly PDF's in my Dcouments directory
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 12:19 AM
  • Have all of the files in your Live Mesh folders synschronized to the Live Desktop? What is the total size of the synchronized folders? Has the activity eventually settled down or is it continuing?
    -steve
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 7:25 PM
  • all the files seem to be present on the server, there are about 2k files in total and about 3gb of data , it is still continuing

Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:58 PM
  • If all of the files have synchronized to the Live Desktop and to any other devices in your Mesh and these files are not changing, yet you continue to see lots of activity, I'll have to defer to the Live Mesh team who may ask you to file a bug and submit your logs (you can actually do that anyway) per the instruction in the sticky at the top of the forum - 

AnnouncementHow to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Friday, January 9, 2009 5:33 PM