none
How do I run SFC / scannow ? RRS feed

• Question

• My emails aren't going now I have upgraded but I don't know how to run the suggested fix. Is there a step by step set of instructions to follow?
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:58 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Monday, September 14, 2015 3:12 PM

Answers

• SFC stands for system file checker.

You can follow the below link

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/bb491008.aspx

Also if outlook is installed as your email client test the configuration of the email client.

As a shortcut, you can press and hold the cntrl key, go to the system tray where the icon of your email client resides, right click on it and click on  Test-EmailAutoConfiguration

You can check you gateway & DNS once too.

A lot of things might just have gone wrong.

Regards, Soumyajyoti Biswas

Monday, September 14, 2015 3:59 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:58 PM

All replies

• SFC stands for system file checker.

You can follow the below link

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/bb491008.aspx

Also if outlook is installed as your email client test the configuration of the email client.

As a shortcut, you can press and hold the cntrl key, go to the system tray where the icon of your email client resides, right click on it and click on  Test-EmailAutoConfiguration

You can check you gateway & DNS once too.

A lot of things might just have gone wrong.

Regards, Soumyajyoti Biswas

Monday, September 14, 2015 3:59 PM
  • My emails aren't going now I have upgraded but I don't know how to run the suggested fix. Is there a step by step set of instructions to follow?

Open cmd.exe and run the below commands:

sfc //VERIFYONLY

If it detects issues then run:

sfc /SCANNOW

But to just ask, this may not be the issue with your emails… What issue do you have that needed this suggestion?

Monday, September 14, 2015 4:02 PM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:57 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:58 PM