none
DreamSpark license RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This question was probably asked before, but i could not find any satisfying.

As mentioned in the title it is about how to use DreamSpark licenses.

First things first. English is my second language, please excuse any written mistakes and if it is helpful for any legal stuff: I am form Germany. I have access to DreamSpark Premium with my University.

Okay, I do not understand the paragraph about how to use this the Software. The Eula are always the same, regardless of which Programm I order. The last couple of months I had lot of fun experementig with Windows Server (Virtual Machines) and now I am thinking about to give it real life run. For this I would fire up an older Desktop with Windows Server. If the testing would work fine I am thinking about to use a Domain and some other Features within my flat. This would maybe include 1 user who does not has Access to this Software leagly.

To break it down, am I allowed to use a Windoes Server, maybe Lync or similar, for myself and include a few People, who may do not study informatics. Futhermore, is it even legal to use this Software outside of testing, so just repleace my Unix Server with it and leave it running and only try out new Features when I have the time. And does it matter in this example if inculde other People in using the Services or not. At now Point this would any type of Commercial (earning Money) just for fun and may make our flat a Little bit better.

I would be really thankful for any type of help,

Mandrake

• Edited by DiHMandrake Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:43 PM Name signature
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:40 PM

Answers

• Hi

You can see the condition of usage for DreamSpark under the following

DreamSpark Premium EULA https://www.dreamspark.com/Institution/DSP-EULA.aspx

DreamSpark Standard EULA https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Direct-EULA.aspx

see

3. DREAMSPARK DIRECT SUBSCRIPTION RIGHTS.            
                        a. DreamSpark Direct Subscription Software.                                  
                        Your use of the software is subject to the license terms provided with the software, such as click-through license terms, except for any changes to those terms that are provided in this agreement.                 
                        b. Installation and Use Rights.                                 
                        You may install and use two (2) copies of the DreamSpark Direct Subscription software on your devices (a) to support your education; (b) in non-commercial research; or (c) to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software programs for the above purposes. The DreamSpark Direct Subscription and software are personal to you and may not be shared, transferred, resold, assigned or used to develop or maintain your own administrative or IT systems.                
                        c. Using Windows Desktop Operating Systems.                                   
                        Your DreamSpark Direct Subscription includes certain Windows operating system products. You may install these products only on a computer that is already licensed to run a full version of a Windows operating system on it, as evidenced by a valid Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for a Windows operating system affixed to the computer.                 
                        d. No commercial use.                 
                        Except as provided below, you may not use the DreamSpark Direct Subscription software for commercial purposes or commercial software application development, publication or distribution unless you first purchase the appropriate commercial license(s) for the software.

Monday, November 30, 2015 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can see the condition of usage for DreamSpark under the following

DreamSpark Premium EULA https://www.dreamspark.com/Institution/DSP-EULA.aspx

DreamSpark Standard EULA https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Direct-EULA.aspx

see

3. DREAMSPARK DIRECT SUBSCRIPTION RIGHTS.            
                        a. DreamSpark Direct Subscription Software.                                  
                        Your use of the software is subject to the license terms provided with the software, such as click-through license terms, except for any changes to those terms that are provided in this agreement.                 
                        b. Installation and Use Rights.                                 
                        You may install and use two (2) copies of the DreamSpark Direct Subscription software on your devices (a) to support your education; (b) in non-commercial research; or (c) to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software programs for the above purposes. The DreamSpark Direct Subscription and software are personal to you and may not be shared, transferred, resold, assigned or used to develop or maintain your own administrative or IT systems.                
                        c. Using Windows Desktop Operating Systems.                                   
                        Your DreamSpark Direct Subscription includes certain Windows operating system products. You may install these products only on a computer that is already licensed to run a full version of a Windows operating system on it, as evidenced by a valid Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for a Windows operating system affixed to the computer.                 
                        d. No commercial use.                 
                        Except as provided below, you may not use the DreamSpark Direct Subscription software for commercial purposes or commercial software application development, publication or distribution unless you first purchase the appropriate commercial license(s) for the software.

Monday, November 30, 2015 10:54 AM
  • So, I have to permanently burn one of my personal desktop licenses to temporarily use a Dreamspark OS for my networking classes?
    Sunday, October 23, 2016 4:24 PM