Moving CRM 2011 from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a pretty solid plan around moving our crm environment to our new database cluster. We are moving from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2012. However I am not finding much on how to move reporting services to this new database cluster. My thought is we need to upgrade reporting services on our stand alone CRM reporting server from 2008 to 2012, and change the report database server in the Reporting Services Configuration manager but I am unable to find good data to validate my assumptions are true. I am also struggling to find whether or not I need to install a new version of CRM Report Authoring Extensions on the 2011 CRM server.

Any assistance and guidance would be appreciated as this is the first time I will have moved an installation to a new cluster.

Thanks Jenn

Thursday, June 4, 2015 4:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• This post should give you some idea of what you have to do, also read the implementation guide.

http://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/120859

Halldór Jóhannsson

• Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:34 PM
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 4:41 PM
  • Thank you Halldor,

I reviewed the link you sent and it does not specifically address the SQL Reporting Services database moving. I had previously gone through the installation guides and that also had nothing specific to moving the reporting databases.

Jenn

Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:55 PM
  • There is a tool that is in the CRM server folder to publish reports, this should republish reports in crm.

You could also move the report server database to the new server, restoring it there should update it, you will need to move the encrypted key with it.

Halldór Jóhannsson

Thursday, June 4, 2015 8:07 PM