Anual fee RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We can buy OneCare for about $50.

But how much will the annual fee be ? Also $50 ? I don't think so ?

Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:04 AM

Answers

• If you renew online the cost is $49.95. You can usually buy a boxed retail copy of One Care at a discount, then use the PIN as a payment method when renewing.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:36 PM
  •  MS-adict wrote:

Thanks JimR1,

But my question was actually : How much will the renewing cost ?

Thanks again on beforehand.

Renewal at this time is the same price as a full retail subscription. So, whatever the charge is in the locale you are in when purchasing a new subscription online when activating from within OneCare will be the renewal charge (at this time.)

Personally, I wish that the renewal was offered at a discount. That still hasn't happened, which is why Jim suggested renewing with a retail key after buying the retail copy at a discount.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:19 PM

All replies

• If you renew online the cost is $49.95. You can usually buy a boxed retail copy of One Care at a discount, then use the PIN as a payment method when renewing.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:36 PM
  • Thanks JimR1,

Sunday, August 12, 2007 4:51 PM
  • Excerpt from: Next Generation of Windows Live OneCare Launches Internationally Alongside Windows Vista

Pricing and Availability

In the United States, Windows Live OneCare is priced at an annual subscription rate of $49.95 (estimated retail price*) for up to three PCs. As of Jan. 30, the service will also be available at similar pricing and licensing structures in the following markets: Australia, Austria, Belgium (Dutch and French), Canada (English and French), France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland (French and German), the United Kingdom and the United States.

OneCareBear

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:25 AM
  •  MS-adict wrote:

Thanks JimR1,

Renewal at this time is the same price as a full retail subscription. So, whatever the charge is in the locale you are in when purchasing a new subscription online when activating from within OneCare will be the renewal charge (at this time.)

Personally, I wish that the renewal was offered at a discount. That still hasn't happened, which is why Jim suggested renewing with a retail key after buying the retail copy at a discount.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:19 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:
     MS-adict wrote:

Thanks JimR1,

-steve

Hi Steve

I can buy it in France for 35 Euro, does it mean that my anual fee will be 35 Euro as well ?

Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:40 AM
  • I don't know the pricing outside of the US, but if that is the price you are presented with if you purchase from within OneCare at activation, yes, that is the retail price for your location and is the same price as the annual renewal.

-steve

Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:41 PM
  • Hi Steve,

I just got an email from OC asking me to come back to the perpetual beta.  Is 2.0 included in the perpetual beta or should I go back to 1.6?  Please advise...

Sunday, August 19, 2007 3:02 PM
  • Hello Eric, the perpetual beta is currently version 1.6xxx. For more information follow the links in the e-mail to the perpetual beta site on Connect. You will also find access to the perpetual beta newsgroup there.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 3:48 PM
  • Is there any word on wether this will get extended to the v2 product as well or just remain a 1.x feature?  Thanks for your response!

Monday, August 27, 2007 3:22 AM
  • Eric, the perpetual beta is an invite only group that receives updates before the general subscriber population. As long as Microsoft sees value in this testing, it will continue through 2.x and beyond. The one oddity is that major releases got to public beta before the perpetual testers are updated, in order to test the upgrade path in a controlled beta environment - the perpetual group - and this final phase of testing comes later in the beta cycle. There is currently no upgrade path to 2.0, it requires an uninstall of 1.6 and in install of the beta code. At the end of the beta, the beta code will need to be uninstalled, and final code (or the current released code of 1.x) will need to be installed and activated.

Please visit Connect and review the information on the perpetual beta there and take all further discussions on the perpetual beta to the private newsgroup.

-steve

Monday, August 27, 2007 6:46 PM
  • Thanks for clearing that up Steve.  I did look at the Connect site and the Perpetual Beta link is advertising the 2.0 beta - hence the confusion, again, thanks for clearing it up.  I'll go back to 1.6 for now. 

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:43 PM
  • You're welcome, Eric. Yes, that *is* confusing. I don't know how Connect is configured on the Microsoft side, but I suspect that the main page is common to all betas. As a perpetual beta member you will see additional content when logged into Connect, but the main page stays the same for all - in this case, the 2.0 beta information.

-steve

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:30 AM
  •  

I was just about to renew when I checked Amazon.com.  Its only $19.99.  I sure wont be renewing via microsofts website....

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 10:26 PM
  • When you get your retail copy, simply click the renew link for your subscription at http://blling.microsoft.com and use the option for a token/product key. You can do this at any time, even before expiration and it will extend your subscription.

-steve

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 1:41 AM
  • So would this be same for employees?  Purchase a boxed version from the employee store and use the PIN to renew?  Seems to be waste of a good box and CD.  Maybe the store (product group) could develop a set of PIN's to sell in the store to avoid this.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:17 PM
  • Just bought Windows live One care and now you want me too pay for a subscription .Get real. ANd yes I have registered
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 4:27 PM
  • When you purchase One Care you are purchasing a subscription. The subscription provides One Care service on up to three computers for the term of the subscription which is one year.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 4:35 PM
  •  Larryed wrote:
    So would this be same for employees?  Purchase a boxed version from the employee store and use the PIN to renew?  Seems to be waste of a good box and CD.  Maybe the store (product group) could develop a set of PIN's to sell in the store to avoid this.

Yes, it would be same for employees. :-)

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:28 PM
  •  mouse1 wrote:
    Just bought Windows live One care and now you want me too pay for a subscription .Get real. ANd yes I have registered

If you activated OneCare with your LiveID and the retail key, but are still being prompted to activate/subscribe, please contact support as something is preventing OneCare from receiving the activation message from the server.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:29 PM
  •  Larryed wrote:
    So would this be same for employees?  Purchase a boxed version from the employee store and use the PIN to renew?  Seems to be waste of a good box and CD.  Maybe the store (product group) could develop a set of PIN's to sell in the store to avoid this.

Larryed,

If you think about this, the online subscription process avoids all of the packaging and requires no trip to the Company Store at all, so this already exists. What doesn't exist is the option to purchase a subscription at the eCompany store which either provides an electronic PIN or better yet simply adds another year to your Windows Live Onecare subscription directly. At least I'm not aware that this exists at this point.

The logical next steps for Microsoft to take with all of their Subscription based products is to allow purchase via any vendors web based eStore, resulting in the supply of an electronic subscription validation. Presently you can only specify a 'Payment Method' using a credit card or by adding a Product Key (PIN, Token) to an existing subscription.

The issue with such systems is the entirely virtual nature of the transaction, requiring back-end links between Microsoft and other vendors systems to make it work. For now then, the options are either a direct credit transaction or purchasing a boxed product in a store or via other channels. Producing a special packaging would only add confusion, since those buying an over the counter product expect media, even if all it does is begin the installation process that downloads the web based product anyway.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:05 AM
  • Then it's off to the ecompany store for me based on the reduced subscription cost.  The box will join the rest of my boxes and someday will be thrown away.  I am satisfied that someone is spending some cycles on this new distribution concept.  I appreciate the responses.  Thanks

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:10 AM
  • You can buy any security and/or antivirus software for a deep discount or free if you watch.  Frys.com just had one care for $39.95 with a $40 rebate.  I don't understand why anybody would buy a antivirus and/or serurity software or complain, without watching all the different retailers ads and websites.  I have never paid for security software in ten years+.  Keep your eyes open and you can save money.  Never wait until the day before to shop for your next purchase or renewal software.  I watch through out the year and buy when free with rebate.   

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:46 PM
  •  

Hey did you see this post.

waves

Posts 1
    Re: Anual fee
    Was this post helpful ?

I was just about to renew when I checked Amazon.com.  Its only $19.99.  I sure wont be renewing via microsofts website....

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:28 PM