Ask for DIsk XP RRS feed

• Question

• I Had a Window XP before about 2yrs ago.And then my computer brake-down but I do not have the Disk for Genuine Window XP.I still have the number for that.Can you help to send another Disk for XP.

Thank you.

Sunday, August 8, 2010 7:08 AM

Answers

• "harry zacharia" wrote in message news:5fd95af7-c38d-47ef-a4a6-b099e6e92bee...

I Had a Window XP before about 2yrs ago.And then my computer brake-down but I do not have the Disk for Genuine Window XP.I still have the number for that.Can you help to send another Disk for XP.

Thank you.

No - If your old computer is dead, and the License Key you have is from the sticky label on that PC, then the license to use Windows died with the PC.
    OTOH, if you have a Retail License for Windows, and have registered it, you *may* be able to persuade MS to part with a copy - but it's usually easier to find someone else who has a Retail copy and, make a copy of the disk.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:13 PM
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:26 AM
  • I Had a Window XP before about 2yrs ago.And then my computer brake-down but I do not have the Disk for Genuine Window XP.I still have the number for that.Can you help to send another Disk for XP.

Thank you.

I think Noel probably read between the lines on this post incorrectly.  See if I do any better but believe me, no reflection on Noel, just the original information.

You have a computer that broke, it was repaired and you want to reinstall the operating system that came with the computer but you do not have a disk any longer.  You do have the key from the COA label attached to the computer.  If all the above is correct then you need to contact the manufacturer of the computer and see if they still have rebuild media for your computer.  If not then you can try this company to see if they have something available for your make and model of computer: http://www.restoredisks .com/default.aspx

If you had purchased a retail copy of XP to install onto the computer then you need to obtain a retail copy of XP in the same "flavor" (Pro or Home) that is specified on the COA sticker.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:14 PM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 1:30 AM

All replies

• "harry zacharia" wrote in message news:5fd95af7-c38d-47ef-a4a6-b099e6e92bee...

I Had a Window XP before about 2yrs ago.And then my computer brake-down but I do not have the Disk for Genuine Window XP.I still have the number for that.Can you help to send another Disk for XP.

Thank you.

No - If your old computer is dead, and the License Key you have is from the sticky label on that PC, then the license to use Windows died with the PC.
    OTOH, if you have a Retail License for Windows, and have registered it, you *may* be able to persuade MS to part with a copy - but it's usually easier to find someone else who has a Retail copy and, make a copy of the disk.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:13 PM
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:26 AM

Thank you.

I think Noel probably read between the lines on this post incorrectly.  See if I do any better but believe me, no reflection on Noel, just the original information.

You have a computer that broke, it was repaired and you want to reinstall the operating system that came with the computer but you do not have a disk any longer.  You do have the key from the COA label attached to the computer.  If all the above is correct then you need to contact the manufacturer of the computer and see if they still have rebuild media for your computer.  If not then you can try this company to see if they have something available for your make and model of computer: http://www.restoredisks .com/default.aspx

If you had purchased a retail copy of XP to install onto the computer then you need to obtain a retail copy of XP in the same "flavor" (Pro or Home) that is specified on the COA sticker.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:14 PM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 1:30 AM