WHY when i have a genuine windows is it telling me its not RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can some one please tell me why when i have  a genuine WGA tool on my computer its telling me its not genuine.If i go to downloads and press to validate again its sorry this is not a genuine copy,which i feel strange as it sends me to a chinese site and not the uk site of which my xp pro is,i do have a chinese plugin for my wife ,as i live in china.The vailadation tool was installed last year 2005-7-12. So why is it now telling me this. I had to reset my backup files as i had a virus in the restored files,did this have any thing to do with this??.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:09 AM

Answers

• I need to know the output of the Diag tool depalleter. Can you press "copy to clipboard" and paste it here?
    Thursday, May 4, 2006 3:25 AM
  •  depalleter wrote:
    Dear Phil
                 I have copyed and pasted my diag file to one of your emails but i don't know if you recived it yet?.As this is a diffrent pc now if you didn't recive that copy its going to be some time untill go home,so i hope that you recived the readout.

I have not posted my email address on here.

I suggest posting (press copy to clipboard on the diag tool) the output here. Our team can readily access the output and help you with the results. ;)

-Phil Liu

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:38 PM

All replies

• Our validation tool sends you to the web-site based on your location (china), not where your copy of Windows is originally purchased.

What is the validation failure you're recieving?

Monday, May 1, 2006 5:01 AM
  • regarding the responce: Why would microsoft use a region for validation and not give us the customer where the registration was recorded and region? What good is such information if you are playing tag with the unknown.
    To the Forum: I have some software that gets validated and other software that dosen't. And I'm talking about Microsoft software from their download site.
    Tuesday, May 2, 2006 6:23 AM
  • elyanon:

Microsoft cannot take PII (Personal Identifiable Information) to locate purchase records or regions. The Microsoft privacy statement is located here: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

We would like to provide all users with as much information as possible (such as purchase/activation records, regions, etc), but alas, we cannot. Privacy is a huge concern for both Microsoft and our customers, and we respect everyone's right to privacy.

Thanks for your inquiry,

-Phil Liu

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 6:26 AM
  •  

Well Phil i get a Chinese site telling me that my English copy of xp-pro sp2 is not genuine.So why do i have a Windows Genuine Anvantage tool (WGA) tool installed on my computer on the 2005-7-12 18.04 and the filename from the German site saying C:/LEGITCHxxxxxxxxxx.xxxx5xx,xxx and one more from the same site,English Version Windoes Genuine advantage Validatiion of your windows xp pro.I still don't know why send me to a Chinese site in Chinese which many[ who are not Chinese ]could not read so explaine that if you can.This is the second time this has happend to my in the last two years.So why ??if you have a genuine copy of windows is your validation service not happy after its been checked out.I have the production key hash windows product ID  windows ID Type windows Licence Type Windows OS ALL ON THE GENUINE FILE. So if you want to contact me use this email johncarter@tom.com and its in China. Its a in box only and then i can get back to you via my other email address.If i wanted a counterfeit copy of XP i can find many here a t 10 Chinese Yen a copy, yes about 1 Us a time so why would i need to Validate my copy,but i wanted a Genuine copy to use.

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:25 AM
  • Phil,
    I strongly suggest that MS discontinue the practice of sending a person to the website based on the user's physical location.  There are many travelling business-people, short term and long term visitors, guest workers, students, teachers, as well as expatriots who would be caught in a vicious cycle if they are sent to the website of the country they are in.  If they can't read the language, they cannot respond.  There are travellers from every country travelling to every country, and the English Language is not universal.

My suggestion would be  that MS send all to a single site,  with a selection of languages in native charactersets.

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 9:58 PM
  • Beenthere:

I have discussed this post with my web-developers and have submitted your feedback. Thank you, it is definitely invaluable to hear the experience of current users.

With our upcoming releases, we are incorporating a language bar that will allow you to order items across countries in multiple languages.

-Phil Liu

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 10:53 PM
  • I need to know the output of the Diag tool depalleter. Can you press "copy to clipboard" and paste it here?
    Thursday, May 4, 2006 3:25 AM
  •  

Dear Phil   

So which parts do you want as i have not done this yet and don't know what is the way. You best send me a link then i can send you all the info you need but not on a open line,so drop me a mail. So lets hope you can sort this out for me thanks. I am at home now untill May the7th China time zone + 8hrs GMT,after that i will be 200miles away and not on this computer.

Thursday, May 4, 2006 7:16 AM
  •  depalleter wrote:

Dear Phil   

So which parts do you want as i have not done this yet and don't know what is the way. You best send me a link then i can send you all the info you need but not on a open line,so drop me a mail. So lets hope you can sort this out for me thanks. I am at home now untill May the7th China time zone + 8hrs GMT,after that i will be 200miles away and not on this computer.

Please use this tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 and press copy-to-clipboard and paste it here. It will help us determine the next steps needed to get you to genuine :)

Thursday, May 4, 2006 3:34 PM
  •  

Dear Phil

I press on copy to clipboard but its not letting me apply  this on the bottom ,so what am i doing wrong?.I even have it on the tool bar at the bottom of this page but it wont let my copy or paste.

Thursday, May 4, 2006 11:56 PM
  • depalleter

Hm... do you have the Clipboard enabled? (can you copy and paste in Microsoft Word or notepad)?

We *really* need that diagnostics output to be able to help you better.

Friday, May 5, 2006 12:22 AM
  • Dear Phil
                 I have copyed and pasted my diag file to one of your emails but i don't know if you recived it yet?.As this is a diffrent pc now if you didn't recive that copy its going to be some time untill go home,so i hope that you recived the readout.
    Friday, May 12, 2006 5:35 AM
  •  depalleter wrote:
    Dear Phil

I have not posted my email address on here.

I suggest posting (press copy to clipboard on the diag tool) the output here. Our team can readily access the output and help you with the results. ;)

-Phil Liu

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:38 PM
  • I cant do much now as i am 200 miles away and won't be back home for at least two or three weeks yet.As i live near Chongqing and work in Chengdu.So i will get back to you then.
    Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:54 AM
  •  

Dear Phil

I am now back at home so i have coped the file and pasted it here for diagnosticsWGA Diagnostic Data (1.5.0530.2):
    --------------------
    Genuine Validation Status: Geographically blocked PID
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-FRT9J-6CRCC-XPQ4G
    Windows Product Key Hash: /n2VSkRETTTJ20MwDeR1tv62wYI=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-0059266-23212
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    Download Center code: 3XSSD96
    ID: 04ac8d78-c984-4033-aed9-8ad1051e79a2
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: Yes
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.530.0.
    Signature Type: Microsoft.
    Validation Diagnostic:

Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Office Status: 114
    Office Diagnostics:

Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>04ac8d78-c984-4033-aed9-8ad1051e79a2</UGUID><Version>1.5.0530.2</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-XPQ4G</PKey><PID>55274-640-0059266-23212</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1409082233-1035525444-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Legend Computer System Ltd.</Manufacturer><Model>LEGEND Dragon</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20040106000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>2F000101020101000104020100A894B80B73CEA59B2FB516919C60BD7319E193425E7A2C16C75B498F000000000000</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>China Standard Time(GMT+08:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110804-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73941-640-0000106-57209</Pid></Product><Product GUID="{91120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>8862EB2966FB132</Val><Hash>n77/42AMoSmBGfmkCUiJPPOVHyU=</Hash><Pid>70141-153-5267744-56417</Pid></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:53 AM
  •  

Dear Phil

I posted my diagnostics you wanted but now its bean over a week and no reply,is this post lost in space? or will ever have a reply.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:05 AM