Sidebar Gadgets RRS feed

• Question

• It would be cool if WHS actually came with usable Sidebar and Sideshow gadgets. I hope some of you can come up with some nice ideas of what they should do I would like and administrator gadget that shows which PC is unhealthy and how much storage space is left.

Kind regards,
    Gregor Herdmann

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:38 PM

All replies

• Can you go into more detail as to what you mean by "unhealthy"?  Lack of backup?  Lack of A/V?  The Dev's will need more detail to even begin to address your suggestion.

Kevin

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:54 PM
  • A gadget for the Vista sidebar on client PC's I guess might be considered useful by some for showing information on the server/network health status that you normally have to login via the client with.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:52 AM
  • That is basically what I am looking for. Additionally it should show you how much more disk space the server has... so you can order a new drive in time ;-)
    Friday, February 16, 2007 2:52 PM
  •  

I would like to see WHS gadgets.

HDD health, Backup Status (i.e machines missed backup slots with some kind of "visual" indicator... maybe the background could change colour so it is easily visible), HDD space on the server, links to folders on the server for quick access to sharde data?

I am sure many people can think of features they would like from a gadget for WHS.

Saturday, February 17, 2007 5:43 PM