Sudden Connector issue? Help! RRS feed

• Question

• So,

My WHS connector suddenly stopped working today. I was uninstalling some add-ins (Grid Juenction and uTorrent I think) and after these were uninstalled I could not connect through the console. AND, the console will not work on the WHS if I RDP into the server and try to open it from there. I ran the connector troubleshooter and came up with the following errors:

1. The Version of the Connector software does not match the version of Windows Home Server.
      • I uninstalled the connector software and reinstalled over the network using the connector installer from the software directory on the server.
      • I deleted the "Windows Home Server" directory from this computer and then installed the connector software over the network.
    2. Cannot connect to the server internal web site (simple page)
    3. Cannot connect to the server secure internal Web Site
    I have restarted the WHS and restarted my computer to see if that woudl solve the problem, but it did not. I also followed the troubleshooting guide and tried connecting to the ://<YourServerName>:55000/enrollid/id.xml page and got the <ID>1</ID> which generally means a firewall issue. However, I have not installed any firewalls or made any config changes to any firewalls. And I just formatted and reinstalled Vista on my laptop yesterday, so it is clean.

I see a lot of errors getting generated from the connector (which is red with an x in my taskbar) and recently it started saying that the drive extender/migrator service is not running. This worries me as I have never seen this error before.

What should I do?????

Specs:

Laptop:
    Dell 1400
    Vista Ultimate x64

WHS
    Home-Built

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Erik,
    you could try if installing Power Pack 2 would fix the behavior before doing a server reinstall as the last resort.
    Best greetomgs from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Erik Fair Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:49 PM

All replies

• Your best bet is probably going to be a server reinstallation. This post in the FAQ section gives an overview of the process and some of the caveats.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:49 PM
  • Hi Erik,
    you could try if installing Power Pack 2 would fix the behavior before doing a server reinstall as the last resort.
    Best greetomgs from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by Erik Fair Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:50 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:49 PM
  • Well - I installed the PP2 update and all is well. I have no idea why it happened in the first place, but I am not going to complain because now it works!

Thanks!
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:51 AM