cannot view other contacts... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i'm very new to CRM...

I've just installed CRM on the company network within the last week. Everything seems to be up and running and clients are connecting via Vista/XP and the online version of the outlook client.

The problem i'm having is i can access my own contacts and accounts etc.. however noone else can view them, their CRM clients look like the CRM database is empty. Is there anyway to make a the contacts i've added publicy viewable by everyone in my organisation? - Without manually sharing each contact to each user.

Sorry if this is quite a newbie question and thanks in advance,

Danny.
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 1:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Danny,

In case of outlook client, users can only see contacts which are owned by them self in case of offline mode. This can be controlled by synchronization settings. In case outlook client is connected or in case of CRM web interface in IE, users need to change the View to All Active Contacts to see all the contacts accessible to them. Make sure other CRM Users have proper role which can access contacts organization wide.

Thursday, November 1, 2007 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Danny,

In case of outlook client, users can only see contacts which are owned by them self in case of offline mode. This can be controlled by synchronization settings. In case outlook client is connected or in case of CRM web interface in IE, users need to change the View to All Active Contacts to see all the contacts accessible to them. Make sure other CRM Users have proper role which can access contacts organization wide.

Thursday, November 1, 2007 2:09 PM
  • Ah brilliant, thankyou very much uMar!
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 2:15 PM