How many SIP domains to I need to configure? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I need to know how many SIP domain I have to add support for - on my internal ocs2007 std server and on my edge server.

•  All Communicator user logs in using SIP URI: firstname.lastname@company.com
    •  Internal OCS2007std server is placed in domain: region1.internal.net
    • All edge roles is reached connecting to something.companyXX.com

The certificates used on the internal interfaces conains region1.internal.net in the FQDN, and the edge public interfaces uses companyXX.com in the FQDN.

Based on this, is it enough to add support for SIP domain company.com (since all users is using this domain in their SIP URI) on both standard and edge server?

Br, Daniel

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 7:56 AM

All replies

• hi

per my experience, we consider to sepcify one domain to be used as the default routing domain; for OCS Server support SIP domain number? i think it's not important;

if there are lots of SIP domain in your vritual/production enviornment, i recommend do as the following steps in order to logon automaitcally OCS pool?

(1)prepare domain in non-default routing domain?

(2) add A record for OCS pool, then create srv record;

(3) when you apply certificate for OCS pool, please make sure "subject alternative name" of certificate include each SIP domain name and OCS pool FQDN name?

if there is anything unclear, please free time tell me, let us talk about;thanks;

best regards

-Jack

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:40 AM