Re: Update for Windows XP (KB934238) RRS feed

• Question

• I feel sorry that when I bought this computer a few years ago it came whith a windows xp not genuine.

I live in Peru and in my country there is a lot of cases of what we call pirates.

Here we find pirates not only in computers but in several items as music, literature , many original products even clothes

I don't know if you believe me or not but I am an honest man and whith  a good heart by inside.

Even to be as I am it has made me several troubles in my country.

I am single, 53 years old and really have no money to buy an original windows xp.

please if you can help me...

thanks a lot.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 2:16 PM

Answers

• Jose,

Have you filed a piracy report @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy ?  This will be your first step.  Next please visit http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ .  Here you will see various versions of non-genuine and genuine software. Please compare your software against you see on the sight. 

Next I would really like to get a better understanding of this issue so we can better assist not only you but other users with similar problems as well.  Could you please submit a service request with Microsoft Product Support using the following link:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029.  Please include the following information if possible on the Service Incident. Also please provide us with information I have highlighted back in this thread.

- Your product key for (Office or Windows)

-- Please only provide us with the LAST 15 alpha/numeric characters of your product key.

Business location where purchased

-  Business Address where purchased

-  Phone number where purchased

-  Point of Contact @ the Business (if you had any)

-  If purchased on the internet please provide the website

-  What alias was the individual using online?

--  People will use an alias when selling products on an auction site.

-  Provide us with your email address, telephone number and/or Cell number so we can reach you and provide you with an update.

-  Did you purchase the computer brand new, used, @ an auction, off the internet or how?

-- If so please provide me with all the details such as website of the auction site etc. 

-  Is the computer a commercial built system or was the system custom built by a local shop?

Should the computer be custom built please provide me with the store location and website.

Do you have all the original software which was originally installed on the computer @ the time of purchase?

- Last has the computer ever been turned in for repairs if so please provide detailed information as above? 

Also please run the diagnostic test again for inclusion with the support incident. This will enable us to review current information after any changes you may have made. Once you have done that, please reply back to this post and provide the SR # generated by the service request.  I will work with you and provide this information you provide to my supervisor.  Please let us know if you would be willing to do this!!

Thank you very much.

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:33 PM