Feed articles tend to repeat RRS feed

• Question

• I recently set up several customized feeds using Microsoft Academic Search.  The problem I found was that every time the reader updated, these feeds kept on giving me the same number of articles, 50, with the same articles that I previously read.  I eventually needed to remove these feeds as they didn't appear to update.

Additionally, I am looking for only the most recent research articles.  According to the rss customization, I was only able to extract articles since 2010 being the latest customize option.  Unfortunately, I haven't been finding any research articles that were published in 2013.

How can I fix these issues so that I could make these feeds work for me?  Thanks.

Monday, March 18, 2013 8:52 PM

Answers

• Hello MarkStrobel,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Academic Search! This is likely due to the frequency of indexing content in Microsoft Academic Search. We are working on indexing additional content and increasing the frequency of content updates. We appreciate your feedback! Please let us know if you have other feedback, or if there's any other support we can provide.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hello MarkStrobel,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Academic Search! This is likely due to the frequency of indexing content in Microsoft Academic Search. We are working on indexing additional content and increasing the frequency of content updates. We appreciate your feedback! Please let us know if you have other feedback, or if there's any other support we can provide.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:12 PM
  • Thank you for your response.  Do you know when this issue will be corrected (increase the frequency of content updates)?  I would really like to use these feeds but only when they properly update. 
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:13 PM