Case Caller Field Selecting from User Entity RRS feed

• Question

•  

Within CRM 4.0, I would like to allow Users to be selected as the submitter, or Caller, for a new case. The problem is that only Contacts are available from the drop-down menu, and I would prefer to not create a duplicate contact for each user. How can this be done? Thanks in advance!
    Monday, December 29, 2008 11:20 PM

Answers

• You will need to extend the application with a plug-in or add a new N:1 relationship with the user entity then add the user lookup field to the form.  You said you would prefer not to add another field to the form so you will need to extend the application through some code development as the change you want to make is not available through the standard customization features available 'out-of-the-box'.

Monday, January 5, 2009 7:16 PM

All replies

• Dear,

Apply duplicate rule for contact. You can achieve this with PreCreate plugin as well.

For More see MS CRM Support section

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/12976

Regards,
    Imran

Sunday, January 4, 2009 1:26 PM
  • Imran,

Thanks for your input. I'm looking to duplicate functionality that I see in the email entity, where I am able to select a User/Account/Contact as the recipient. It seems like i should be able to accomplish this without a plug-in, but I'm not sure. Any thought along those lines?

Many thanks,

David

Monday, January 5, 2009 6:21 PM
  • You will need to extend the application with a plug-in or add a new N:1 relationship with the user entity then add the user lookup field to the form.  You said you would prefer not to add another field to the form so you will need to extend the application through some code development as the change you want to make is not available through the standard customization features available 'out-of-the-box'.

Monday, January 5, 2009 7:16 PM