none
RDClient (iOS) Changing mouse input type breaks certain keyboard input RRS feed

• Question

• We have users working from home remoting into desktops on our domain via the RDClient iOS on iPads, typically iOS 14.0 minimum. We struggled trying to find out why data they entered in certain fields was not recognized by the pc.

E.g. When entering an account number in an account number search field, the PC thinks nothing is entered and searches for null "".

One would standardly use the touch input, as it was more intuitive. Upon attempting the mouse input, wherein the user drags the mouse cursor around, using the touch screen like a trackpad, it started accepting the input correctly.

My question is, what are the key differences between these input types? Do they utilize different encoding or protocols? 

Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'd try asking for help over here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/topics/windows-remote-desktop-client.html

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Z.Richardson Friday, November 13, 2020 2:38 PM
    Thursday, November 12, 2020 11:06 PM
  • Thanks, I've shared this over there.
    Friday, November 13, 2020 2:43 PM
  • You're welcome.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 13, 2020 3:00 PM