geograpically blocked PID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just moved back to Europe from Asia and I get this error message when I try to run windows update:
    "Geographycally blocked PID" in the MGadiag.exe program.
    I know my windows is genuine as I bought it in a good shop in Asia and windows update worked well while I was in Asia.
    I think it is not a good idea to use the zoned DVD type protection to system software !
    I am getting too much trouble with my PC and I think I'll move to Apple, Too many problems with virus and now windows as well...

Please advise.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:13 PM

Answers

•  

Jerome,

What store did you purchase Windows? Also what country in Asia did you make the purchase? Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool for and post the results back in this thread. In turn this will allos us to analyze what your experiencing so we may forumulate a resolution for you. Please Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:30 PM