MSF & Windows Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Group,

I am working on an application in which it is required to synchronize the Address Book and Calendar from the following applications:

Outlook
    Outlook Express
    Windows Mobile (Native data)

Is it possible that I can use MSF for all the three software mentioned above? I have refereed the sample application for the Outlook and Outlook express and I am confident that this framework can be used for the first 2. I am not sure about the 3rd one. Please help me with this.

If it can support Windows Mobile as well then does the framework also support the device detection and core OS level stuff which is required to fetch data out of a Mobile device?

Please point me to the links and other material which can help me in achieving this.

Best Regards,
    Nitin Gupta
    Monday, July 21, 2008 10:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Nitin,

To be able to synchronize the windows mobile device data you would have to write a provider that would have to do the work of fetching data and transferring it to the source/destination provider. The Sync Framework itself does not do this work, since it needs to be flexible in terms of what kind of data provider want to sync over different protocols/boundaries.

The sample you refer to demonstrated how you would sync that specific data - you would have to write a similar provider to sync data from/to a device.

sid

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:09 PM