Blocked PID RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 workstations at an office that WGA reports as having licenses that were reported stolen. They are valid OEM licenses. A support person at Microsoft even looked up the licenses and she found that they were fine. This is only happening on 3 out of the 21 computers in this office.  All the copies of Windows were purchased with the machines (white-box with no OS loaded) at the same time (about 18 months ago) from the same vendor.

I need this fixed ASAP. It is Microsoft's fault that I am having these issues on these machines and I am very angry that Microsoft will not support their software for their paying customers. This forum does not really constitute support in my opinion.

Here is the output of the MGADiag.exe program:
    ------------------

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0540.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Genuine Validation Status: Blocked PID
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-44JD7-4H983-494CG
    Windows Product Key Hash: 0yXqv1cR6VT579OBUzI661flQ0Q=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2253817-88398
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: COA/Sysem Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    Download Center code: MQ6DVVF
    ID: 6a9013d8-74ba-44c7-a0de-4b4f96301fef
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.540.0
    Signature Type: Microsoft
    Validation Diagnostic:

System Scan Data-->
    Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 11
    Cache refresh Interval: 234 seconds
    Extended notification delay(non-genuine): 14
    Extended notification delay(un-activated): 31
    All disabled: 0
    Reminder reduced: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    Signatue Type: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>6a9013d8-74ba-44c7-a0de-4b4f96301fef</UGUID><Version>1.5.0540.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-494CG</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2253817-88398</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3120769221-2805381740-3663771404</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTeK Computer INC.</Manufacturer><Model>A7N8X-E</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1012 </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="2"/><Date>20040804000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>E6B03F870184A06B</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>      <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thursday, July 6, 2006 10:20 PM

Answers

• Who is the support personelle that directed that the product key was genuine?

The Product currently being used is listed as non-genuine and reported to be blocked by the original reseller (as it may have been lost or reported as stolen).

-phil liu

Thursday, July 6, 2006 11:42 PM
  •  peskypescado wrote:
    Do you not get that I am the original purchaser?

The original purchaser is the retailer that purchased the key directly from Microsoft...

peskypescado wrote:

There is a problem with your system. It is well documented and admitted by Microsoft that only 20% of failures are basically false positives (link). Do you have any idea how many people 20% of all WGA failures would be? Hundreds of thousands of paying customers at least! You guys don't even care.

That editorial article actually is not correct. While the official MS Spokesperson may have said ..."Through its spokeswoman, Microsoft said that “80% of all WGA validation failures are due to unauthorized use of leaked or stolen volume license keys.”... this does not mean the other 20% validation failures are "false positives". This simply means that the other 20% of validation failures are from:

Key Generated Volume License Keys

Use of stolen/reported lost/blocked Product Keys (OEM, Retail, COA/SysBuilder, etc)

Use of tampered product key storage locations

Use of WGA Hacked validation files

Use of Product Activation hacks which bypass activation

etc

peskypescado wrote:

That's the problem with your whole XXXX company (except for the Xbox division), you think we are all just priviledged to buy your junk. You don't appreciate your customers or the money that they paid to you. The money that pays your xxxx salary. I'm joining in on the class action lawsuits now. This is a joke.

Please watch your language. I apologize for having to edit the language in your post, but please note that many users (of all ages) use this public forum, which we must maintain reasonable level of language use.

I would recommend reading the details of the class action lawsuits happening before joining without motive.

Thanks,

-Phil Liu

Friday, July 7, 2006 8:00 PM

All replies

• Who is the support personelle that directed that the product key was genuine?

The Product currently being used is listed as non-genuine and reported to be blocked by the original reseller (as it may have been lost or reported as stolen).

-phil liu

Thursday, July 6, 2006 11:42 PM
  • I don't recall her name. She was in the Business Windows and Office support group. Well that is where I selected to go through the myriad of menu options at 800-Microsoft. This key has never been reported lost or stolen by me, my client, my reseller, or their distributor.
    Thursday, July 6, 2006 11:53 PM
  • *bump*

I tried doing a repair install of XP on one of the workstations and that didn't help. Is anyone going to actually take care of my problem?
    Friday, July 7, 2006 5:52 PM
  • The product key is being listed as blocked and isn't classified as genuine. I would recommend heading back to your reseller to reissue you a copy of Windows, or you can file a counterfeit report directly to us (which may qualify you for a free WGA Kit - this can be done by selecting "see all options" under the validation web-page).

-phil liu

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:40 PM
  •  peskypescado wrote:
    I don't recall her name. She was in the Business Windows and Office support group. Well that is where I selected to go through the myriad of menu options at 800-Microsoft. This key has never been reported lost or stolen by me, my client, my reseller, or their distributor.

The key has been reported lost or stolen by the original purchaser, unfortunately. Due to privacy concerns, we can't list that on the forum directly either :(

-phil liu

Friday, July 7, 2006 6:41 PM
  • Do you not get that I am the original purchaser? There is a problem with your system. It is well documented and admitted by Microsoft that only 20% of failures are basically false positives (link). Do you have any idea how many people 20% of all WGA failures would be? Hundreds of thousands of paying customers at least! You guys don't even care.

That's the problem with your whole xxxx company (except for the Xbox division), you think we are all just priviledged to buy your junk. You don't appreciate your customers or the money that they paid to you. The money that pays your xxxx salary. I'm joining in on the class action lawsuits now. This is a joke.
    Friday, July 7, 2006 7:30 PM
  •  peskypescado wrote:
    Do you not get that I am the original purchaser?

The original purchaser is the retailer that purchased the key directly from Microsoft...

peskypescado wrote:

There is a problem with your system. It is well documented and admitted by Microsoft that only 20% of failures are basically false positives (link). Do you have any idea how many people 20% of all WGA failures would be? Hundreds of thousands of paying customers at least! You guys don't even care.

That editorial article actually is not correct. While the official MS Spokesperson may have said ..."Through its spokeswoman, Microsoft said that “80% of all WGA validation failures are due to unauthorized use of leaked or stolen volume license keys.”... this does not mean the other 20% validation failures are "false positives". This simply means that the other 20% of validation failures are from:

Key Generated Volume License Keys

Use of stolen/reported lost/blocked Product Keys (OEM, Retail, COA/SysBuilder, etc)

Use of tampered product key storage locations

Use of WGA Hacked validation files

Use of Product Activation hacks which bypass activation

etc

peskypescado wrote:

That's the problem with your whole XXXX company (except for the Xbox division), you think we are all just priviledged to buy your junk. You don't appreciate your customers or the money that they paid to you. The money that pays your xxxx salary. I'm joining in on the class action lawsuits now. This is a joke.

Please watch your language. I apologize for having to edit the language in your post, but please note that many users (of all ages) use this public forum, which we must maintain reasonable level of language use.

I would recommend reading the details of the class action lawsuits happening before joining without motive.

Thanks,

-Phil Liu

Friday, July 7, 2006 8:00 PM