Bad WHS Hard drive deleted WHS Software folder. How do I get my Home Server Connector Software? RRS feed

• Question

• I had a bad WHS hard drive and the only folder I was not duplicating was the software folder. So no loss of my real data.. my homeserver is working like a champ... but I purchased a new pc and lo and behold I cannot install Home Server Connector Software... mmm let me go to MS and download it... But noooo you don't really download the software you just download the install program which finds my homeserver and tries to install from the aformentioned non backup'd software folder. So I know that I am going to hate asking because I already think I know the answer... do I have to do a server re-install to get the Home connector software? If so not a really smart thing for MS to do...

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:35 PM

All replies

•  Make sure folder \\yourservername\shares\Software\Home Server Connector Software is present then try running Windows update. If this doesn't restore the connector installer:

Logon to your server desktop, browse to folder C:\WHS. Normally a copy of the most recent Connector installer should be present there (Connector installer and two msi files, the msi files normally have a date a few days prior to the last WHS update.) Connector software folder normally also contains DotnetFX2.0 folder, msi installer and some other stuff, AFAIK this stuff is not required for most (up to date) clients.

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    Friday, January 28, 2011 2:16 PM