Problem with Ports (WCF / Organization.svc) in Dynamics CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi .

I am having issues with setting the port for Organization.svc in Dynamics CRM 2011.

In deployment manager, i have everything set to 443, however when opening up the Organization.svc in 'Developer Resources' it is still listening on 444.

When I navigate to 443, it appears (and 404's when I enter port444).  

Is there some way I can adjust it ??? i've looked everywhere for where it has 444 and cannot find it! 

Regards,
    Daniel.

Friday, March 7, 2014 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

are you sure you have the port 443 in the CRM properties as follows? 

also, is your server configured to use Claims-Based Authentication with IFD? and is the AD FS installed on the same server? 

Regards,
    Damian Sinay

• Marked as answer by Danz101 Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:02 AM
    Sunday, March 9, 2014 6:43 AM

All replies

• HI Daniel,

check the bindings for the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM" website in the IIS.

Regards,
    Damian Sinay

Sunday, March 9, 2014 5:19 AM
  • Hi Damian,

Thanks for the response, I only have HTTPS 443 in my site bindings 

Daniel.

Sunday, March 9, 2014 6:06 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

are you sure you have the port 443 in the CRM properties as follows? 

also, is your server configured to use Claims-Based Authentication with IFD? and is the AD FS installed on the same server? 

Regards,
    Damian Sinay

• Marked as answer by Danz101 Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:02 AM
    Sunday, March 9, 2014 6:43 AM
  • Hi Damian,

All are the same External (& internal resolvable) name and include port 443 as you have shown.

Server is configured to use claims based with IFD, ADFS is on a separate server.

Under  Setings>> Customizations>>Developer Resources only the Discovery service is showing as port 443, the other two are 444.

If i select the link, it takes me to the right page

i.e.

https://<External Name>/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc

however displays;

You have created a service.
    To test this service, you will need to create a client and use it to call the service. You can do this using the svcutil.exe tool from the command line with the following syntax:
    svcutil.exe https://<ExternalName>:444/XrmServices/2011/Organization.svc?wsdl

ta

Daniel.

Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:28 AM
  • for further info on my IFD

External domain where your Internet-facing servers are located: https://auth.<ExternalDomain>:443
    Organization Web Service Domain: <ExternalDomain>:443
    Web Application Server Domain: <ExternalDomain>:443
    Discovery Web Service Domain: dev.<ExternalDomain>:443

Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:31 AM
  • Damian, your line of question prompted me to review both IFD & ADFS, since ADFS was working I neglected to look at it.

Prior to doing anything, I simply restarted both CRM App & ADFS server, and low & behold... now its displaying correctly.

I had restarted the CRM app server by itself, IISreset a million times... no avail, so .. apparently doing them together helps !??!

I have marked your answer correct, as it was helpful :)

Daniel.

Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:01 AM