Automated System Recovery failure in Windows XP RRS feed

• General discussion

• Whenever I run the Automated System Recovery Wizard on my XP (SP3) box I get the full backup but it will not write to the floppy at the end of the operation.  Within XP I can format the diskette, I can drag and drop files to it, and I can read those files on it but the ASR bombs out at the end after asking me to insert a blank diskette. 

I have tried several diskettes just to be sure.  Within the Backup program I can backup small files to the diskette as well.  It just will not write whatever it needs for the ASR.  The light comes on as it attempts to access the floppy but then the Windows error box comes up and there is no text.  It's just a box with a red circle and an "X" with an "OK" button.  I can hit it and retry the diskette but I get the same result every time. 

Is there a fix for this?  Is there another utility I can use that will completely restore my system from a catastrophic failure (without paying more money that is).
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:34 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:34 PM Off Topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Backup and Restore)
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:58 PM

All replies