none
Example WHS11 Scripts Available as Part of New Edition WHS 2011 Unleashed RRS feed

• Question

• In setting up my new server over the past week or so I have relied heavily on the new edition of WHS Unleashed.  I purchased the Kindle version.  

This version includes a link to the authors web site:

http://www.mcfedries.com/HomeServer2011Unleashed/index.asp

Which includes a download "examples.zip" of many scripts.  I assume this is made public to promote the book.

I have done a lot of programming but never such Windows scripts and I found the examples useful.  However, the book itself includes more scripts, which of course are the best.  One I downloaded and used after modification is a one click check of your server for failed logins... i.e. attempts to illegally get into your little world.  You can get the same information from system logs, but this script essentially scans (or we used to say in UNIX "GREPs") the logs.... 1000s of lines.

Anyway, I get no recompense for this note (no conflict of interest) but I found the book and scripts useful and had the book open on my laptop while I was setting up the server. 

Thursday, June 9, 2011 12:00 PM