Autorun inif file corrupt or misisng RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download Sunset to my windows7 pc. I am getting the autorun.inf missing or corrupt message even when I am running the .exe file. I thought I understood that it is only used for directing to the setup.exe file. This is happening when I am doing a direct download from microsoft.com and choosing run. Any suggestions? I found the autorun.inf file in my registry but no nothing about changing it. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:02 PM

All replies

• Help - I am having same problem.  If you get an answer - I would sure appreciate it also.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 9:28 PM
  • Start with this: Run regedit. See if you have a key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf] with a value of @="@SYS:DoesNotExist". If so, rename the key to something like Autorun.inf.bak, or just delete it.

Exit regedit, and reboot your computer. Run the Money installation file.

If you don't have that key, check back. There is another action that could help you in that case.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 5:20 AM
  • Help again - i tried the key above and don't have it.  Can you give me the other action?  Thanks a lot in advance.  Minnow
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 4:17 PM
  • I did have that key and deleted it, then reran the installation. I got the same error, but the registry key wasn't created. It looks as if MS really don't want you to run old versions of Money, but this did install the first time for me - on Windows 7, but I had to reinstall as it wouldn't connect to any network. Now I get the missing or corrupt message all the time. Sigh.
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:43 AM
  • Sam, I suggest you extract the Money installation file to avoid the autorun error. That technique is described in http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/e0de648f-fbcf-482f-bc3f-819cefd08aa4

Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:04 PM