Diagnostics tool in browser RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have run the diagnostics tool in the browser, to check the performance of CRM.
    Now I have the results, but I don't know whats good or bad ...
    I've run the test, because sometimes opening forms or navigating in CRM is slow.

Could someone give short feedback on the results?

diagn

For example, "Javascript Dom Benchmark" is 98 ms. Is this good? bad? Could it be better?

I also have the detailed info if this is necessary.

Thanks!

Alexander

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:09 AM

Answers

• If you want a better perspective on performance, you might want to install Fiddler and see if you're waiting on things to load.  That might help.  Your JS numbers look fine.  You're still less than 2/10s of a second for the JS to run in that test, so that should be ok.  Also, keep in mind that a CRM page could be a few MB to load.  So that can impact the client performance as well.  you can turn on compression in IIS to help with that, but keep in mind you're trading less data over the wire for more CPU overhead on your IIS server.  Still, generally a good trade.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Alexander_DM Friday, March 6, 2015 2:53 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

if it helps, here are our results for the JavaScript:

So it could be better I guess :-) We are still not happy with the performance.

Michal

• Edited by MABR Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:10 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:08 PM
  • If you want a better perspective on performance, you might want to install Fiddler and see if you're waiting on things to load.  That might help.  Your JS numbers look fine.  You're still less than 2/10s of a second for the JS to run in that test, so that should be ok.  Also, keep in mind that a CRM page could be a few MB to load.  So that can impact the client performance as well.  you can turn on compression in IIS to help with that, but keep in mind you're trading less data over the wire for more CPU overhead on your IIS server.  Still, generally a good trade.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Alexander_DM Friday, March 6, 2015 2:53 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:29 PM