Printer Sharing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Host PC and a Client PC.  He Host machine can see and use the HP 812C Deskjet printer on the Client machine but the client cannot connect to the Host machine's HP Deskjet 6940.  The error message is "One Care cannot connect to the remote PC."  Does anyone have any advice.

delkraft

Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is this using OneCare printer sharing or is it using Windows file and printer sharing? What operating system are you using on both PCs?

Have you tried removing the printer from the list on the guest and refreshing the list of available printers?

-steve

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:28 PM
  • Steve -

I am using OneCare printer sharing.  The Host machine is XP and the Client is Vista.  I will try removing and refreshing and get back.

delkraft

Friday, October 31, 2008 1:09 PM
  • Thanks. I look forward to an update. I'm typically here very infrequently over the weekends, by the way.

It would seem that if the printer is being offered and is shown, then it is being shared. Why it then cannot connect to the printer to use it, seems odd.

You may wish to contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, October 31, 2008 3:59 PM
  • Windows Live One Help are trying to "help" but they do not yet have an answer.  They made some suggestions that I tried but no success yet.  They promised to keep trying.  It is not a disaster for me but I would like it to work - I mean the Host machine can see the Client printer but not the other way around.  If I finally succeed I will let you know.

delkraft 

Sunday, November 9, 2008 2:51 PM
  • Thanks for the update and sorry to read that it isn't resolved as of yet.

-steve

Monday, November 10, 2008 3:51 PM