CRM 2011 Custom Reporting Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I developed one custom report. It is executed fine and showing the results also. But some times it is executed, but it is not showing the output. It is simply showing as empty page with out showing any error message , but it is showing status as 'Done' in  report window taskbar. Same query in different times showing the result in different ways. I have a System Admin privilege.

I would be very happy if any share me the exact reason regarding the above.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

CRM Devotee

Friday, October 12, 2012 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

as far as I know, Reporting Services need a great amount of time until they are up and running. So sometimes, if you open a Report and the Reporting Services are not "awake" yet, it may take a long time until the report is rendered and in some cases it doesn't get rendered at all. If you refresh the page though, the report will be loaded.

I don't know if your problem is related to this issue, but it's a possibility.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:26 AM
  • Number of times I refreshed the page but report won't displayed. I don't know why it is happening???
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:55 PM
  • Hi All,

The above problem I am getting right now with Goal Entity. When I tried to open the customization form of the Goal entity. It is opening with empty form but status as done. Why, any CRM person's let me know.

I would be very happy if anybody shared the valuable information.

Thanks & Regards,

CRM Devotee

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

what kind of an Organization do you have? Is it Online, IFD or On Premise?

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Monday, October 15, 2012 7:15 AM
  • I am using On Premise with IFD enabled oraganization.

Thanks & Regards,

CRM Devotee

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

maybe this is related to any cache settings you configured on the CRM Server. Have you made any such settings?

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Thanks for replying Pavlos.

Please let me clear where do I see the Cache settings.I didn't get you.

Regards,

CRM Devotee

Monday, October 15, 2012 5:45 PM
  • Please share me anybody with valuable information.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

you can find the cache settings in the IIS where CRM is hosted, select the Dynamics CRM Website and click on the icon "Output Caching" on the right side. Please check if there are any settings under the root node of the site or under the subfolders, such as "_grid", "_common" etc.

But since you are not aware of such settings, I doubt that you will find any. Which means we will probably need to look for another possible caus of the problem.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Thanks for replying Pavlos.

suppose if cache settings are there, what I will do. Shall I delete them?

Regards,

CRM Devotee

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:09 AM
  • Hi,

first document the existing settings, so that you have a backup of those. Then try deleting them, restart your IIS and check if the problem is resolved.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Thanks for timely replying Pavlos.

In IIS, is there any cache settings related to particular user? I don't think so. Because I am only not opening this report. Another user can able to open the same report. Please clarify me.

Actually In my custom report I have to open the web page( contact.aspx). I can able to run the report. But when I click the web page in the report, it is opened a empty page with status done. This is my issue. 

I would be very happy if you respond with right information.

regards,

CRM Devotee.

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

no, cache settings are not related to particular users. What kind of web page are you trying to view in the report? Is it a custom web page? Have you tried logging in with the other user's credentials from your machine and check if it works? Or have you tried it with your own credentials using another machine?

It would be helpful if you could upload a screenshot.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:59 AM
  • It is a system CRM web page(contact.aspx). I tried with another user credentials , it is working fine. Actually, first I opened this report in the server it self. My question is , Is there any IE settings provided in server with related to particular user?

Because I opened the server with another user credentials. Once logged in the server then I opened IE with my credentials and I could able to run the report and open the web page successfully. The web page is not at all opening when I logged on the server with my credentials only.

Pavloas, please share me any information regarding the above issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

CRM Devotee

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

try this: log on to the server with your credentials and either:

1.Open IE and delete the browser cache, then restart IE and try the report again

or

2. Run IE "In-Private Browsing" (you can find this under Tools->Security->Browse In-Private) and try running the report again

Also make sure that your user account has enough privileges in Dynamics CRM.

Let me know if this works.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:29 AM
  • I didn' t see the 'Browse In Private' option. Please share me screenshot.
    Friday, October 19, 2012 10:57 AM
  • There you go:

Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 19, 2012 11:03 AM
  • Sorry, this option is not working. I have got the following screenshot. Any idea?

Sorry Pavlos, I couldn't able to share the screenshot into the forum, because my account is not verified error message I am getting.

Regards,

CRM Devotee

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:08 PM
  • Hi,

since the problem is only showing up with your account, I can only imagine two problem sources: either some problem with your browser settings or your bowser cache, or some problem with the security settings for your account, but the first one seems more likely to me. Please try once again to upload the screenshot.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:21 PM
  • How do I see my account security settings in server or browser?

Pavlos , have you any idea?

Saturday, October 20, 2012 4:58 PM