none
need to download technet software w/o subscription

Question

• I had a subscription but let it lapse. I downloaded the software I wanted to try, but somehow managed to delete even my backup. Now I need to download some of it again, but all the links I find tell me I have to have a subscription. I tried downloading the Windows 8.1, but the message was my keys were not valid, so I assume I need the TechNet versions of all this software. I need:

Windows server 2003 r2 standard edition kn

Windows 8 pro n

Windows 8 pro

Windows 7 pro and pro k

Windows 7 pro n and kn

Windows xp media edition

Office 2010 standard

SharePoint server 2010 standard

Office 2007, both standard and ultimate.

Thanks, Jon who now has 3 backups.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:28 PM

Answers

• Jon

There have been changes to Technet including the downloading of software.  In an effort to stop software piracy Microsoft has tightened up on downloads so unfortunately you will need a subscription to do further downloads.

Your keys may not be valid because you no longer have a Technet subscription as they are supposed to be for "testing" and once your subscription ends the keys may have been marked invalid.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:51 PM
  • Effective September 1, 2013, TechNet Subscriptions are no longer available for purchase through the TechNet Subscriptions website.  And since you do not have a valid subscription, I seriously doubt you will be able to get the downloads you are looking for.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:52 PM

All replies

• Jon

There have been changes to Technet including the downloading of software.  In an effort to stop software piracy Microsoft has tightened up on downloads so unfortunately you will need a subscription to do further downloads.

Your keys may not be valid because you no longer have a Technet subscription as they are supposed to be for "testing" and once your subscription ends the keys may have been marked invalid.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:51 PM
  • Effective September 1, 2013, TechNet Subscriptions are no longer available for purchase through the TechNet Subscriptions website.  And since you do not have a valid subscription, I seriously doubt you will be able to get the downloads you are looking for.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:52 PM