none
TO FORUM ADMIN; re my problems SUBMITTING a REPLY RRS feed

• Question

• 130207_2030est

To social.technet.microsoft FORUM ADMIN

Hello,

I've been trying to post a REPLY (with some additional DOS data) for ~3hrs but keep getting a popup stating "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account."

I'm tired of editing my proposed text only to find out your filters don't accept what I've done (trying to eliminate what you have defined as images and links)

Pls REPLY and advise "your specs" for images and links let me know how soon will (can) you verify my acct?

I'm sure you sense a bit of frustration here and hoping you can relate (I've searched for these specs for ~20mins and not found anything....if I missed them somewhere, sorry.)

Look forward to your prompt REPLY

Thanks,

Steveg722

USA_RI_02917

Friday, February 8, 2013 1:22 AM

Answers

• Send an email to fissues at microsoft dot com and ask them to validate your account so you can post links and pictures.
    • Marked as answer by Steveg722 Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:15 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:35 PM

All replies

• 130207_2315

Hello,

I've now tried tweaking my "test data" >4 times and SUBMITTING as a REPLY to my own initial POST

(social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/df33aeeb-609e-4ab3-8fae-f49f22ad8461) has failed every time (elicited the same popup msg).

Guessing that MAYBE a "LINK" in your terms so its likely my attempt to submit this REPLY to this post (social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/tnfeedback/thread/60676496-e0d2-421d-8432-49789c1a4edf) will also likely FAIL.

Given these unanticipated trevails, I'm off for some sleep (in this area I hear we're going to have an interesting time with ?beaucoup snow".

I'll check back first thing in the morning to (hopefully) find a REPLY to this POST from the FORUMs ADMIN suggesting how I/we can best get past this silliness re "misinterpretations re images and or links" (without any clue of what you're using for "specs" so one can understand what to "edit out".

Steveg722

USA_RI_02917

Friday, February 8, 2013 4:18 AM
  • 120207_2347

Just occurred to me that may my POST subject doesn't "belong here".

I initially POSTED on answers.mocrosoft.com FORUM and someone there (one of the FORUM gurus) suggested (given the technical nature of my problem and question(s)) that I post here.  Presumed that was good advice.

IF I'm in the wrong place, (sorry), but please REPLY advise the "MICROSOFT FORUM" appropriate to "field my question(s).

Thanks,

Steveg722

USA_RI_02917

Friday, February 8, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Hey Steve,

I'm going to move this thread to the Forums Issues section, as I think this is where your question should be posted, but also please see this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/reportabug/thread/d6388af2-66f2-4ac9-a0d4-c640f43c6a79

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Friday, February 8, 2013 4:55 PM
  • 130208_1415est

Hi Mike,

Seems I stumbled upon a subject that a number of others have found quite frustrating.

Thanks for your REPLY and turning me on to that thread (don't dare quote that high risk (joke) URL here as I'm sure it would prevent me from posting my REPLY to you)....it was quite interesting but not much acknowledgement from MODERATORS that this whole business needs "rethinking" and fixing.ction responds to my QUESTION and thread (and gets this out of my hair).

Have a great weekend

Thanks again

Steveg722

USA_RI_02917 

just waiting for our BLIZZARD (and trying to get some issues resolved while enjoying a Loose Cannon and some good music....doesn't get any better than this)

Friday, February 8, 2013 7:22 PM
  • Good hearing back from you Steveg722!

2 things:  1) I'm an idiot and accidentally moved this to the off-topic forum, not the Forums Issues forum.  I was on auto pilot (99% of the threads I move I move here, so I just did what I always do, mistakenly).  Sorry :(  Of course, I'm only a moderator in my forum, so now I can't move this to the right place since its in off topic.  Gah.  if you want, you can repost the question in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/reportabug/  or I can try to track someone down with the permissions to move it.  Let me know.

2) Loose Cannon is one of my favorite beers!  If you ever get down to Baltimore, the Heavy Seas Ale House and the Heavy Seas Brewery tour (although it might still be called Clipper City Brewery) are worth a visit!

Cheers and stay warm this weekend!

Mike

Friday, February 8, 2013 8:03 PM
  • 130208_2050est

Hey Mike,

we gotta connect

IF u got access to my email, pls do it

I'll keep an eye out re what youall do with it (re moving to another FORUM etc

After I saw your post, I looked at the FORUM you said you moved my post TO and saw

Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here)

Right there, I realized I probably got myself into deeper doodoo by posting a REPLY to your post so figure I'd just wait to see "what happens next".

Again, IF u got access to my email, pls sent me one so we can take it from there (off line so to speak).

Be Well in Baltimore

Steveg722

USA_RI_02917

Saturday, February 9, 2013 1:55 AM
  • 130208_2135est

Mike,

Per your suggestion, tried to REPOST my question with current thread to

MANUALLY REPOSTED ENTIRE THREAD AS A NEW QUESTION TO

Microsoft Developer Network >'
    'Forums Home >' 
    'Using Forums Forums >' 
    'Forums Issues (not product support)'

BUT GUESS WHAT, I FAILED (WEBSITE WOULD NOT LET ME DOIT)

got a popup ro IMAGES or LINKS are not allowed

What farce...WHOVER IS RUNNING THESE FORA for MICROSOFT really needs to WAKE UP and earn their PAY to use their HEADS for something other than a hatrack

pls email me as i'd love to talk

Steveg722

USA_RI_02917

Saturday, February 9, 2013 2:38 AM
  • 130208_2148

H,

Steveg722here

Not sure what FORUM this post is in at the moment as it seems to be HOT POTATAS and has been passed around as such

Bottom line is THIS WEBSITE IS RIDICULOUS, UNPROFESSIONAL, and OUT OF CONTROL!

I started with a relatively focused specific technical problem.

Did a POST, tried to "update it" but started running into all these issues re "Text cannon include IMAGES or LINKs"

Will u know after 3 days of battling the 2nd battle (choice of MS), my initial problem remains as MS social.technet has been a TOTAL FAILURE re customer service (never even got to update my POST re the original ISSUE)

Bottom line is (until and unless ADMIN convinces me otherwise) I've concluded this site is much more of a pain in the aXX than it represents as a potential solution for people seeking "professional connections to convey HELP"

Hasta la vista

Good luck

Steveg722

• Edited by Steveg722 Saturday, February 9, 2013 2:59 AM
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 2:55 AM
  • 130209_1645est

wow, just done digging out from our ~21" "BLIZZARD"

checked back here and unfortunately see NO REPLY from the FORUM ADMIN or MODERATORs

that's rather unforunate (yet SEEMs rather informative).

Steveg722

USA_RI_02917

Saturday, February 9, 2013 9:46 PM
  • Hey Steveg722!

Glad you survived the weekend.  I'm asking someone to reply here that knows the intricacies of the forums.  Sit tight, and sorry about the delay.

Thanks,
    Mike

Monday, February 11, 2013 4:38 PM
  • 130211_2215est

Hi Mike,

Thanks for not giving up on me or my posting problem....

I did see the FORUM that while in this FORUM ( Using Forums Forums >  Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here) >), PROHIBITs any "REPLIES" (not quite sure what that means).

Sitting patiently and checking back (~once/day) to see what suggesions you or FORUM gurus have to offer (thanks for checking back on my situation).

Hope you survived the RAVENS' party

Congrats (fr Patriots country)

Be Well,

Steveg722

USA_RI_02917

• Edited by Steveg722 Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:21 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:15 AM
  • Send an email to fissues at microsoft dot com and ask them to validate your account so you can post links and pictures.
    • Marked as answer by Steveg722 Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:15 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:35 PM
  • 130214_1115est

Hello Kamin,

Thanks for the REPLY and suggestion.

The email with the request was just (130214_1105est) sent to fissuesATmicrosoftDOTcom

FYI, based on some other suggestions I had found I had previously submitted a similar request on

130208_1411est at

labDOTmsdnDOTmicrosoftDOTcomFSLASHmailformFSLASHcontactusDOTaspx

(BUT as yet I've received no indication my ACCT has been validated.)

I'll post again here to let you know if this gets resolved.

Thanks Again,

Steve

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:16 PM
  • 130214_1215est

Kamin and Mike,

Just got a reply email to the one I sent per Kamin's suggestion.  It said MY ACCT has now been verified to post links and pictures.

After getting that email, I went back to post the REPLY to (my) Question (Can't access a Win7 SYMBOLIC LINK from WinXP (now getting "File Not Found") that failed to post on 07Feb and it posted.

So this issue is RESOLVED (seems Kamin's REPLY with the email suggestion was THE ANSWER).

In case either of you are up for another puzzle, you can find that Question at

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/df33aeeb-609e-4ab3-8fae-f49f22ad8461

Thanks Again,

Be Well

Steve

USA_RI_02917

Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:15 PM