windows not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• i recently took my computer to be repaired but now it says windows is not genuine and that it might be counterfeit. ive also noticed that when windows starts it should say windows home premium but now says windows ultimate. ive tried the product key but to no avail as it wants the ultimate product key and i only have the home premium product key i think. another thing is ive tried to take it back to factory settings but have also noticed that i need to use acer management in programmes but its not there. ive tried acer support but theyre telling me that i have to buy new software etc which i cant afford. all i want is to restore my computer back to its original settings. please help.....

Friday, April 19, 2013 10:46 PM

Answers

• To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post. (please do not edit the report.)

Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:51 AM
    Answerer