Public Key for Microsoft Office suit on netbook bought through amazon.co.uk RRS feed

• Question

• I have purchased a netbook (ASUS Eee) from amazon.co.uk, with a pre-installed version of Microsoft Office 2007 suit. The problem is that I don't seem to have received the product key along with the PC! This means that I can't enter it and only have just a few trials left. I tried entering the product key on the sticker under the PC, but later discovered that this, of course, is the Microsoft key, not the Office key. What should I do?
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hello JPFeidal,

Many computer manufacurers include a Trial of Office on their computers.  It is up to you to convert the Trial to a perpetually licensed product by purchasing a perpetual license.  You can buy directly from Microsoft or you can buy full packaged product from your favorite store and install that.  If you happen to buy the same edition that came as a Trial, you can skip installation and just use the product key to convert your trial to the perpetually licensed product.

If you are under the impression that a full perpetually licensed installation of Office was to be included with your purchase, you need to take that up with the place of purchase.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:06 PM