N:N relation in view CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have N:N relationship between Account and a custom entity Request. However in a view I'm not able to add Requests so I can see which account with which request(s) is associated. How can I do this? Is there a workaround?

Monday, December 2, 2013 9:08 AM

All replies

• You can't put N:N relationships into a View. The two ways to do this are to build a report that shows this (doable through the CRM Report wizard), or to build a View that filters on data in the Request, but doesn't actually show the requests themselves.

If you use a report, just open up a new Report, start the Report Wizard, and then choose the Account and Request as you entities.  Just follow the wizard from there and it will help you set up the report to show Requests on an Account, or vice versa.  It generally takes a few times through the Wizard to get it looking how you want.

For a View, go to Advanced Find on the Account, then in the view selection, make sure "Details" is selected.  Then in the dropdowns where you select fields, scroll down to Related Entities, and look for Request.  From there, you can choose the Request fields you need to filter on for a related Account, and you should be good to go.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Monday, December 2, 2013 3:02 PM
    Monday, December 2, 2013 3:02 PM