Just some ideas I have had in the 1st 24 hours. RRS feed

• General discussion

• A couple of features that I would like would to be able to select a file/folder/drive and have it monitored realtime. Mirra does this and modifies the icon so you know it is monitored by the server.

I would like a way to get into the whs desktop of whs through the connect software. the main connect application does the majority of what you need but sometimes you have to see desktop.

an active directory type login for the home computers on the network would be nice also.

So far I am really just looking at sticking with my freenas over whs unless it progresses more.

Monday, March 12, 2007 2:29 AM

All replies

• Re monitoring folders: I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you want WHS to monitor it's own shares? Your PC (through the connector) to monitor WHS shares? WHS to monitor shares on your PC? And what do you want done with the monitored shares?

WHS desktop: You can use Remote Desktop to access the WHS Administrator desktop.

AD: is probably not going to happen. The tools to set it up are present, but I would be surprised if Microsoft ever exposes it to the end user.
    Monday, March 12, 2007 3:44 PM
  • I was suggesting that it keep a dynamic backup of individual files from the client's pc. example right click a item and select a checkmark on like 'monitor with whs' then windows home server would monitor the file/folder and make a backup after it has been modified. this on top of the total backup nightly.

Remote desktop isn't in all versions of windows. If this product is for the casual home user that functionality should be availiable to the casual home use all who dont have remote capabilities.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:17 AM