Error when converting email to opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A problem wiht converting emails to opportunities surfaced today in our CRM system, this seems to be with emails that have email addresses that are not resolved to accounts/contacts or leads, every time we try to convert we get the error that we need to save before we convert, since the email is in read only that is impossible.

I have tried disabling all scripts but the problem is still there.

We are using Dynamics 365 online, this was working fine on friday. Following is the error message we get from the log file.

<Message>Cannot update parties unless email is in draft status.</Message>

I have tried to manually set the email back to draft and it keeps stuck in always needing some information to be saved and the audit log shows to/from field changes from empty to empty and sometimes with the error message "Display name unavailable".

Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to fix this or do i need to create a ticket with MS?

Best regards,

Halldor

Halldór Jóhannsson

Monday, September 25, 2017 11:29 AM

Answers

• After contacting microsoft support we found out that this might have come with the latest patch from them.

So if anyone is having this problem there are 2 workaround options until this is fixed.

1. Turn on legacy rendering for forms - Settings->Administration->System settings, this can have performance issues for forms that have alot of scripting done since it will go from using multiple threads for scripting to a single one.
    2. Create a javascript that makes the fields To/From/CC/BCC never update if they have not been changed by users, this is a bit tricky.

Make sure to contact Microsoft if you are having this issue, the more users affected the sooner this will get fixed.

Best regards,

Halldór Jóhannsson

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:59 PM
  • Hello,

I believe you already answered your question. I don't see other way than get in touch with Microsoft Support and open a support ticket.

Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

Monday, September 25, 2017 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I believe you already answered your question. I don't see other way than get in touch with Microsoft Support and open a support ticket.

Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

Monday, September 25, 2017 1:09 PM
  • After contacting microsoft support we found out that this might have come with the latest patch from them.

So if anyone is having this problem there are 2 workaround options until this is fixed.

1. Turn on legacy rendering for forms - Settings->Administration->System settings, this can have performance issues for forms that have alot of scripting done since it will go from using multiple threads for scripting to a single one.
    2. Create a javascript that makes the fields To/From/CC/BCC never update if they have not been changed by users, this is a bit tricky.

Make sure to contact Microsoft if you are having this issue, the more users affected the sooner this will get fixed.

Best regards,

Halldór Jóhannsson

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:59 PM