Prevent credential popup for SOA using Session.SetInterfaceMode RRS feed

• Question

• The IScheduler.SetInterfaceMode method allows for prevention of the credential popup in case it's inappropriate (such as when running inside a Windows service) using SetInterfaceMode(false, new IntPtr(-1));.

Is this also supported for SOA applications using the Session.SetInterfaceMode method?

I have tried this and get an exception "System error" when calling Session.CreateSession.

I am unsure whether this is the expected exception when the credentials aren't cached, or if it's an error that I shouldn't be using this -1 argument in the Session.SetInterfaceMode case.

Thanks,

Derek

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Derek,

"System error" when calling Session.Creation is probably due to the fact that you do not cache the credential nor setting the correct username/password in SessionStartInfo. You can either set the username/password in SessionStartInfo or caching the credential by running Hpc powershell command Set-HpcSoaCredential.

• Marked as answer by Derek Kivi Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:14 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Derek,

"System error" when calling Session.Creation is probably due to the fact that you do not cache the credential nor setting the correct username/password in SessionStartInfo. You can either set the username/password in SessionStartInfo or caching the credential by running Hpc powershell command Set-HpcSoaCredential.

• Marked as answer by Derek Kivi Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:14 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:55 AM
  • And yes, "Session.SetInterfaceMode" works just like "IScheduler.SetInterfaceMode".
    Monday, June 6, 2011 6:44 AM