Importing MS Money 95 into MS Money Deluxe Sunset RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to import a MS Money 95 file into MS Money Deluxe Sunset. However, the programs abruptly shuts down. It creates a backup but doesnt load the file. Does anyone know of any solution.
    Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Praveen,

Welcome to Excel IT Pro Discussion forum. This form focus more on general questions related to Excel desktop application.

Considering the issue is mainly related to Microsoft Money, to help you resolve the issue better, I will move the thread to Microsoft Money forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Regards,

Emily

"Office" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Office" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    Friday, July 17, 2020 3:07 AM
  • I am trying to import a MS Money 95 file into MS Money Deluxe Sunset. However, the programs abruptly shuts down. It creates a backup but doesnt load the file. Does anyone know of any solution.
    When Money Plus tried to convert, presumably, did it leave a file with the same name as the old Money file but with an extension other than .mny? What extension was that?
    Friday, July 17, 2020 5:46 AM
  • I think it was a .MN4
    Saturday, July 18, 2020 4:48 AM
  • I recently tried and failed with a similar outcome to import MS Money 97 into MS Money Deluxe Sunset.

I decided it looked too Americanised for me so uninstalled and tried MS Money 2005 UK and it imported OK, as far as I can tell so far.

Both running in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Saturday, July 25, 2020 5:04 PM
  • MS Money 2005 UK version is the latest version optimised for the UK and is what I still use.

• Edited by SC489 Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:02 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:02 AM