Cannot log on to console in WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Looking for guidance since I can't seem to find the answers on my own...

My Windows home server seems to have had a major issue that I am trying to recover from.  I cannot open the WHS console from any PC in my house, and cannot log on to the server locally either.  I get the following error: "A problem if preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer.  Error code: 0x8007007E"  On the PC's in my network, I get a message stating that the drive extender service is not running on my server, and I got one message stating that one of my drives had an error, but it flashed by too quickly for me to get the details.

I have a Dell SC 460 running my WHS server with one 80gb OS disk, and two 1TB drives for everything else.

Things I have tried:

Rebooting

Going into Safe mode - no luck, same error as above

Going into safe mode with command prompt and running CHKDSK /R  no luck, chkdsk won't run after the reboot.

Searching the internet for the errors I'm seeing - no luck, most things I saw deal with Window XP......

I have been traveling for a week, so I don't know what may have changed in my environment since the 15th of Nov 2010

I'd call MS support, but I can't even find a good contact number for them...

Sunday, November 21, 2010 11:34 PM