MS Money & Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Although MS Money has not been supported since 2009 it is still widely used around the World and is still probably the best Home Finance Program available today.  Many Users have built up comprehensive databases over more than 20 years. And now Microsoft have pulled the plug with Windows 10 upgrade, seemingly without any thought to the unintended consequences for millions of users around the Globe.   Two options.  1.   We have 30 days in which to roll back to Windows 8.1.   2.  Microsoft have 30 days to roll out a patch to repair the damage.   If Microsoft do not pick up the ball then I, and millions of others, will have little choice but to revert to Windows 8.1.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:13 PM

All replies

• I have already rolled back Windows 10 within half and hour. Money would not work and the system said my computer did not have wireless and would not let me connext to the internet!
    Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:18 PM
  • I rolled back within 12 hours...I've been using Money for years and years...Supported or not they should "include" it...how hard is that?

Following this topic closely b/c I liked 10...but not enough to lose Money Sunset.

Saint

Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:26 PM
  • I also use MS money and am applaud that when converting to Windows 10 I could no longer access my money details after 13+ years of using this program. I have gone back to Windows 8.1 to be able to maintain my access to MS money. I await MS's resolution to the problem. In the meantime I remain with Windows 8.1.
    Sunday, August 2, 2015 3:17 AM
  • Since they disbanded the MSMoney team 6 years ago, I doubt if there is anyone nom at Miscrosoft who knows (or remembers) how to make the changes to fix it.

• Edited by bobjbkln Sunday, August 2, 2015 3:39 AM
    Sunday, August 2, 2015 3:39 AM
  • I totally agree Money is a very useful programme I have been running it for 16 years first with Money 98 then with Money 2005, I am glad I have found this thread as I presumed (wrongly it would seem) that as I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 then an upgrade to Windows 10 would be the same and not be a problem I am currently running Money version 14.0 120 1105. I have still not received my invite to install Windows 10, I think I will wait until the situation clarifies itself rather than try to install Windows 10 and then have to roll back to 8.1. Hopefully Microsoft will make the changes required as Money is one of their better programmes and easy to use, plus like others I have no wish to lose the last 16 years records.
    Sunday, August 2, 2015 8:08 AM
  • If you read other posts you will find the sad conclusion that Microsoft abandoned MSMoney some years ago, and disbanded its support team. Therefore, they have no reason or maybe even ability to patch the system, apart from maybe a desire not to annoy thousands (?) of MSMoney users.. 

Dr AS

Sunday, August 2, 2015 9:05 AM