turning on features of tune up RRS feed

• Question

•  

I do not want to have to run the entire tune up on my system everytime. I usually run one or two maintanence programs per day on my system.  But to run tune up it seems that I have to go through 2 hours of "tune up" and if there is an error, ie... Disk Defrag,  I have to do it all over again instead of just running that one process again... other protection progams did not require that I had to run a complete process to keep my system up... Why do I have to here
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:10 PM

Answers

• If you prefer to perform the maintenance tasks manually, which are done for you with the full Tune-up, then OneCare isn't really the appropriate solution for you. You can set Tune-up to run monthly and then perform whatever else you wish on your own schedule outside of OneCare.

Note that you aren't actually running Defrag "all over again" since OneCare does a timed execution, meaning it will not check the drive first and it runs until done or time is up, whichever comes first. You are correct, though, that if one part fails, the whole tune-up is considered to have failed. If you are looking at the yellow message in the report about Defrag not completing due to high fragmentation, ignore it.

-steve

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:04 PM